• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Griz Are Coming to Town

Skippy

With the season winding down and Idaho State's men preparing for their last two home games this week, the two Montana's visit Reed Gym. Montana, tied with Weber at 12-2 for first place, makes the I-15 road trip this week. The Griz bring 6-8 big man Martin Breunig, the second leading scorer in the conference who is shooting just a tich under 70 percent in league games.

No problem, you say, the Bengal zone will simply attack him and force the ball out of his hands, like they did Joel Bolomboy when ISU beat Weber earlier this season, right? Not so fast my friend. Then you are leaving Brandon Gfeller open to rain down treys. The 6-4 wing was a combined 12 of 21 from three in the Griz' two wins over Idaho State last year, on his way to 41 points. As a team, Montana riddled Bill Evans' pattened matchup zone for 27 treys last year. And the Griz have added freshman slasher Michael Ogiune, coming off a career high 27 points, and Juco transfer Walter Wright to their list of weapons this season.

As far the Bengals, well we know they go as Ethan Telfair goes. If ET is making threes, he's a nightmare to cover because you have to lay off him to stop his penetration. And Geno Luzcando had a "preview of future attractions" game in Missoula last year, putting up the kind of line that has become so familiar to Bengal fans this year: 18 points, three treys, 7 of 8 from the line, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals --and 4 TOs.

It should be a grand evening, made even more fun by the atmosphere of a largely packed house at Reed. Remember, I warned you all before the Weber game not to miss the opportunity for some very good college basketball. I can't guarantee a Bengal win Thursday night, but I will go out on a limb and predict another highly entertaining night. Come on out and join us.

Looking at egriz, the ISU game is almost an afterthought in their form, with all the talk about Weber on Saturday. ISU will win Thursday night. I'd absolutely love to see them blow out the Griz. For me, the most dislike of any team in the conference, is easily towards the Griz. The arrogance of their fans is annoying.

For those of you that missed the Weber State game, I feel bad for you. Don't miss this one! There will be a fun atmosphere in Reeds. Bring your friends and neighbors and let's drown the Grizz!

tuffgong said:
Looking at egriz, the ISU game is almost an afterthought in their form, with all the talk about Weber on Saturday. ISU will win Thursday night. I'd absolutely love to see them blow out the Griz. For me, the most dislike of any team in the conference, is easily towards the Griz. The arrogance of their fans is annoying.

Of course it's an afterthought. If Montana loses to ISU and beats Weber, they still have the inside track to the title. The Griz also have a much easier final week than Weber. You could argue Idaho State is the least important remaining game for UM.

Latest posts

Back