• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The number 50.

bengalcub

Does anyone realize that 50 of the kids that signed national letters of intent to play with John Zamberlin are not currently a part of the program today? This is 50 players that did not come, left or walked away WITH ELIGIBILITY REMAINING.

Granted, some are on missions, some decided to walk-away from football, some had injuries and some may be greyshirting. I also realize that all programs will have some attrition. However, 50 kids that ISU tripped and got commitments from in four recruiting classes are unaccounted for.

Questions of talent and depth, questions of retention and APR, questions of wasted recruiting money and questions in the direction of the program...

Look at the number 50 and someone tell me why? That is an average of over 12 per year.

Zambelin needs to leave or be shown the door, period.

-Cub

50 - that sounds about right. Zamberlin started his ISU career going 3-4, but has since gone 3-30. There's something magical about losing that drives players away.
The best cure for the turmoil with the team right now: win a game. It seems to cure a lot of problems.

The number is actually closer to 60-65 if you count players that were not signed on national letter of intent day--players like Laporta, Kirkegaard, etc.

It is pretty easy to see why players are flip-flopping all over the field and playing on different sides of the ball. The program has no depth.

You are correct about winning, it cures a number of things. Truth is, I think Weber State is beatable this weekend.

ISUDude said:
What percentage is that of the total number of players that they have brought in?

95 brought in total, but a number of kids were listed in two recruiting classes because they did not come in until the following year or they did not come in at all.

The wash out is closer to 60-65%.

Brought in almost 100... 65 or so have left... Seems like that is the way to rebuild a program. Z is the man.

How many do we currently have on roster?

I think under Larry the number of kids from a signing class getting to a senior year was about 50%, which is usually normal. Anything over 50% is really good. Larry has a few really big senior days....I remember he usually had about 16-18 each year.

Frank

The main point that I would make from these numbers—ISU does not have a solid foundation. They have very few kids that have potential to be in the program as 4th and 5th year seniors. To be successful at this level—that is the kind of foundation that is needed.

All you have to do is look at the depth on this team. Kids switching sides of the ball is less about talent and more about lack of depth. If this program had 10-15 more kids in the program for a longer duration the depth issues that they face today may be less noticeable. Also, pay attention to the numbers of kids that are blowing RS years. Any coach will tell you that the ideal thing to do is to RS incoming FR. Every once in a great while a special talent will come along that cannot be kept off the field. ISU is burning kids RS years at an alarming rate. Hell, they are even burning RS years for kids that walk-on. I cannot think of a bigger disservice to a kid.

Idaho State recruited 11 JC transfers this season. Most of them are studs and I am not bashing on JC kids—what I will say is 20+ JC kids in a two year stretch shows that retention, talent and depth are an issue in the program.

Latest posts

Back