• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

My opinion of our AD and president aren't nearly as high as some on this site but if they make the necessary moves to get us into the MWC I would most certainly re-evaluate. And yes, I'm fully aware that neither of them give a shit about my opinion.

I believe we are the only school being discussed for MWC that would have to drop a sport to be compliant. And do we not forget that we built our current stadium with leftover Rose Bowl bleachers? We can close the visiting stands and build a stadium in one season. Would make sense with the sun to not have the press box on that side. But you could build suites that could be used temporarily. Then you tear down the home side and do the same thing. You’re done in two years.

Last edited:
To clarify what I’m saying. There is no infrastructure. We don’t have a Stadium. We have bleachers on the ground. While this has always been a bad thing, there is one advantage to it.

We can literally demo the visiting stands in 2 days and dig the footers for an actual stadium

My opinion of our AD and president aren't nearly as high as some on this site but if they make the necessary moves to get us into the MWC I would most certainly re-evaluate. And yes, I'm fully aware that neither of them give a shit about my opinion.
I think our universities leadership is both positive and receptive to alumni input. Now is a very exciting opportunity for us. 🙏🏻💯

The campaign has already started.

It started last season when Dr. Wood started talking about facilities.

Last edited:
"Sac State has no comment at this time", would not have expected any other response.

That is code word for we have sat on our ass for 40 years and haven't done anything and we will continue to do nothing. And by the way we have no money, limited wealthy alumni and no major business in this government driven town for resources.

Davis is ripe for this, they have an awesome, expandable modern stadium, more than adequate arena and printing money.

True, but he was wrong - no statement was released either way. But, there is smoke this time with realignment… Admin needs to actually LEAD on this effort if we are really in it. Beyond just words and big talk on halftime shows.
Everyone says they are staying put until the contract is signed. I wouldn't trust or believe any thing from anyone at this point.

"Sac State has no comment at this time", would not have expected any other response.

That is code word for we have sat on our ass for 40 years and haven't done anything and we will continue to do nothing. And by the way we have no money, limited wealthy alumni and no major business in this government driven town for resources.

Davis is ripe for this, they have an awesome, expandable modern stadium, more than adequate arena and printing money.
Dear Leader is trying to make a name for himself for his next venture in life (I suspect political ambitions). I don't think he will let this opportunity go by without taking a thorough look at it as this would be a crowning achievement while here.. Seeing as he spent time at SDSU before coming here, I think he understands the gravity of this moment. The hasty Well maneuver and the timing of the pending fee increase makes a lot more sense given what has transpired with the Mountain West.

With the defection, the Mountain West is down to 7 full members, and 8 is needed to maintain FBS status. The MW will have to issue invites ASAP. That said, if an invite is issued to Sac State and we decline, we may as well just fold up the tent and divest from athletics.

Matt Brown's report below reinforces my skepticism. Sac State has yet to demonstrate the ability to mine corporate or alumni dollars for significant and transformational facility improvements (arena and stadium), which have remained elusive over the decades. I very much welcome this report to be proved wrong, but history suggests otherwise.

"Two industry officials familiar with thinking within the Big Sky conveyed a confidence, at least for now, that their schools are unlikely to seek reclassification, even specifically mentioning Sacramento State as a school likely to stay.
The biggest reason, I’m told, is financial. The costs to move from the Big Sky to either the MWC or Pac12, I’m told, would represent an annual “eight-figure commitment”, not to mention the new $5 million reclassification fee due to the NCAA. While a reclassification would increase media rights revenues, as well as earning from guarantee games, there was little confidence from anybody that I’ve spoken to, or anything I’ve read, to suggest that FCS teams from that league would be interested in making a jump right now."

Rat, thanks for posting. To clarify, the context of this statement in the article was made with respect to a potential move to the Pac. I don't think any sane person thinks we have a shot at Pac membership. Additionally, it should surprise no one that folks with ties to Big Sky officials don't want their members to be poached and it reads like damage control to me.

Anyone thinking that Sac State will pay the $5M reclassification fee doesn't understand how realignment works. The MW just came into over $100M due to the exit fees/penalties from the 4 defectors. The MW won't hesitate to pick up the tab for any of the incoming FCS members if that's what it takes to remain an FBS conference.

Regarding facilities, the availability to use Golden1 should alleviate concerns over the lack of an event center. We'll always have that in our back pocket. The bigger concern is with Hornet Stadium, but even that could be addressed if a full tear down and rebuild is not in the cards. Remember, for the MW this is all about survival. If dealing with a substandard football facility in a top market is what it takes to remain a viable conference, that is what will happen.

Latest posts

Back