• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

Someone, please help me understand. Im sure there is plenty of you to weigh in.

As I understand it, the NCAA’s new requirements for a university athletic FCS football program to transition to an FBS program beginning in 2024-2025 require a two-year transition process. If Sac State successfully fulfilled the requirements, including paying or having the $5M waived, it would be 2026-2027.

For the Pac-12 to be recognized as a conference with access to NCAA championships and the College Football Playoff, the conference needs at least eight members in all sports by 2026.

Why would the Pac-12 even make Sac State a priority right now? Why not wait to see if everything Sac State says will happen even materializes? There are other schools more readily available to join the Pac-12 sooner.

If things look so good for Sac State regarding the Pac 12, why no offer from the Mountain West?
You sort of answered your own question. Because they are both trying to secure & block each other with strategic moves in FB / BB and yes with TV markets and a few Time Zones to spice things up.

They both in my opinion see value in SAC ST. I think both didn’t feel a need to rush knowing we have waiting period fcs to FBs that they didn’t need rushed decision.

With G1C Arena I feel we are still a solid choice. Both conferences would geographically in every aspect be better with SAC ST

Our old image of worn out gyms and bleacher stadiums is a weight on our shoulders. Our NEW image needs to be addressed!

A PR Team should build a 20 -30 second commercial once we get our stadium drawings in both Wazzu / Ore St markets. Those two universities have the voting decisions!

You sort of answered your own question. Because they are both trying to secure & block each other with strategic moves in FB / BB and yes with TV markets and a few Time Zones to spice things up.

They both in my opinion see value in SAC ST. I think both didn’t feel a need to rush knowing we have waiting period fcs to FBs that they didn’t need rushed decision.

With G1C Arena I feel we are still a solid choice. Both conferences would geographically in every aspect be better with SAC ST

Our old image of worn out gyms and bleacher stadiums is a weight on our shoulders. Our NEW image needs to be addressed!

A PR Team should build a 20 -30 second commercial once we get our stadium drawings in both Wazzu / Ore St markets. Those two universities have the voting decisions!
Yeah, some WSU troll is saying we average 5,000 a football game and play in a HS gym. Need to dust off the imagine.

Latest posts

Back