• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Reggie Theus Connection

Skippy

Idaho State's men's team plays Cal-Northridge tomorrow night, a team coached by former NBA all-star Reggie Theus. Theus has an interesting connection to Idaho State-- he played on the 1977 UNLV team that beat Idaho State in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament in Provo. Theus was one of five Runnin' Rebels to score in double figures in the 107-90 UNLV win, posting 16 points and adding 6 assists. Idaho State was led by guard Ed Thompson's 27 points and center Steve Hayes' double-double of 16 points and 13 rebounds.

UNLV went on to lose to North Carolina in the Final Four, and Theus was a first round pick of the Bulls. He played 13 seasons in the NBA, made two all-star teams and when he retired he was 21st in scoring and 10th in assists all-time.

Skippy, I was at that UNLV game, and I'm sure that you were as well. The Bengals just didn't have the horses to keep up with them. Former ISU Coach Lynn Archibald was an assistant on that UNLV team, and the next year he became our coach after Killingsworth left for Oklahoma State.

boisebengal said:
Skippy, I was at that UNLV game, and I'm sure that you were as well. The Bengals just didn't have the horses to keep up with them. Former ISU Coach Lynn Archibald was an assistant on that UNLV team, and the next year he became our coach after Killingsworth left for Oklahoma State.

I was still in college then, Boise, I missed that great season, and the Lawrence Butler show later. I remember catching the train in Chicago to go watch my high school play in the state tournament in Champaign in 1977, and opening up the Chicago Tribune to see that Idaho State upset UCLA. I'm sure I muttered something like, "Who the hell is Idaho State?"

Latest posts

Back