• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The source of the APR problems

Skippy

The NCAA recently issued graduation rates for schools over the last six years. Idaho State's graduation rate for football during that time is just 40 percent -- it's pretty obvious why the program is having APR issues:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/10/26/1853588/here-are-graduation-rates-for.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it's been said quite a bit, but it is another proof that Zam was and is a total bum.. Thanks John for destroying what was at least a respectable program..

Tuff, you can't blame Zam for that one....it's the data from the 2004 rookie class, which was under Larry Lewis. John's data is still years away.

Former ISUSID

I'm sure that all the attrition during his time isn't his fault either.. Bottom line: TONS of players had horrible grades and were either ineligible or close to when Kramer took over. Why does anyone protect or stand up for Z, it is clear he was way out of his league!? No real gray area here, people..

Not a defense...I don't think the numbers from his years will be any better, but you can't pin that on Z...those are of Larry's kids that came in during the 2003-04 year, and yes, they ended in John's time, but most of those kids that left the school or failed out did so well before John started.

I don't work there...I don't have to defend anyone, but as most folks know, I like to present the facts when I can, and the fact is, this is for a class that was under Larry.

So what you are saying formerISUSID is that the APR is going to get ^#%#&#**# er'? More problems on the horizon with APR issues? Is there anyway of getting out of it in a 2 year time frame?

It is my opinion that the APR will begin to show improvements immediately. However, I think it will be 3-4 years minimum before ISU is back at full strength.

Not losing a ton of ground in a coaching transition year would be a major step forward. Making and being committed to improvements moving forward will be the key to keeping the APR deal from totally killing the program.

I don't rattle off much on this crap anymore because I believe that Kramer is dedicated to fixing it. Plus, I really think that the whole athletic department is more proactive, educated and in the midst of executing a successful plan to make improvements.

Casual fans don't realize how much APR scholarship reductions hurt a team. Right now it is less about X's and O's and more about stemming the tide of attrition.

I like what I am seeing and I really like what I am hearing.

Latest posts

Back