• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Vandal Game...

spazdog1

Looking ahead to this week's game, what should the Bengals expect to see from the Vandals? Here are a few of my thoughts...

1- I believe that the Vandals will come out smoking. Everyone knows that they were humiliated in Arizona. ISU needs to weather the initial storm and play tough, consistent football. Don't be surprised that if the Vandals fade early if the Bengals can stand toe to toe and take their initial hits. If the Bengals can stay focused for the entire game, ISU will win.

2- From what I've heard, their offense is much improved this year (you wouldn't know that by looking at the Arizona stats). Their defense is suspect. I don't think that there is a question about that. Play the short pass and run game then try going over the top. A quick score is a morale killer. Boom. Boom. Touchdown.

3- Don't be surprised if the Vandals play cheap shot football. Their psyche is hurting. They are consistent Bottom 10 Dwellers and are looking for any way to make the pain go away. What better way to make you feel better than to take your frustrations out on the Bengals. I believe that you will see late and cheap hits, a bunch of them. Once penalties are called, they may wane. But until then, regardless of the score, they vent their frustration in that manner. The Bengals cannot get sucked into that type of behavior. ISU needs to remain focused and disciplined.

4- Don't be surprised to see the stands half empty (half full for those optimists). I'm sure that they will report 15K or so in attendance. Everyone knows better, but they report ridiculous attendance numbers all the time. Yes, I know that their seating capacity is 16K or so.

Good luck this week. Play hard! Play to win!

Spaz, didn't I read somewhere that people could only buy tickets to the UI-BSU game in Moscow if they also bought tickets to the ISU game? Are BSU fans buying them?

To my knowledge, No. It's a gamble that the UofI is taking. It's apparently a move to increase ticket sales for other games. As I understand the situation, the UofI provided BSU with an allotment of 1000 maybe 2000 tickets. Once they are sold, then all other tickets sold will come with an additional ticket to another game. Thus, they will be charging those BSU fans twice the normal ticket price. When BSU comes to town, the Kibbie Dome gets a sniff at sellout status. Other than the BSU game, they don't come close to filling up the dome. But, since fans are supposed to be buying ticket packages for two games, there is talk about a boycott. Several scenarios have been discussed... There has been talk about BSU fans showing up in Moscow and tailgating... kind of an "in your face response." But the tailgate will be off campus and the tailgaters won't buy tickets and thus won't attend the game. There is also talk of tailgating with satelite dishes, televisions and barbeques in Bronco Stadium in Boise. This boycott will impact all of the Moscow businesses and all of the businesses between Boise and Moscow that enjoy the Bronco game windfall every other year. With high fuel prices, I would not be surprised if this is the tact taken by many. Who knows if that holds true. If the Bronco fans boycott the game, then the school will lose the revenue for the only realistic sellout that they have. If the second scenario plays out, the boosters in Moscow will be taking it on the chin, too. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

It's been awhile since I've heard anything about it. But, if BSU fans are buying the tickets and if the ISU game is in the ticket package, don't be surprised if ISU is represented by Bronco fans that ventured up to see the game. If not, either the fans will eat cost of the tickets or try to donate them.

I consider myself a first rate arm chair QB. Monday morning water cooler talk is the best. Where else could you go and learn so much about players. In our case, we have film, fans, and critiques of all type. And in some cases we have posters that have played on a higher level, and have a good idea on what is going on. I’m not saying I’m the best but when it comes to talent I see can see good and bad a mile away. So when I say we have players playing out of place, this is JMO.
ISU has the players to go to the next level. I have no idea what it will take to change some minds. Quit complaining might help. But I sit here in southern CA. drinking a beer waiting on my next flight searching the web. Looking up our opponent’s players and their positions. I look at size, weight, speed and level of play. You see when all you do is fly around the country it gives you a lot of time to look these things up. (The match up against Boise State), their 4 against our defensive 4 were out weight by 100 lbs. Our Offensive line matched up pretty good. So why would we play 340 lb against a 240 lb. on defensive. Please help. So looking forward against Idaho has anybody looked at the line matchup?...........I have…..

GO BENGALS

I guess two out of three isn't bad. Richards and Wright are now starting, replacing Miller and Owens. Miller is young and will end up being very good in the future. Owens is a stud and can play safety and corner in my opinion. But Richards was a beast last Saturday and Michael Wright was all over the field.

Milbourn is still behind Crittenden at DT, but I anticipate this will evolve as the season moves on.

It looks like Kirkegaard is still the man at LS. I hope the kid doesn't hurt himself any further by playing. He is truly a gem and snaps very well for a TRFr.

Look for the offense to get on track vs Idaho and the defense to look improved as well.

Idaho will be looking to kick ISU's ass this weekend. If they can hang 70+ they will do it. They need to win big because panic is setting in with the fans. I think ISU will win this game, really I do--but if they lose it might be by quite a bit. Because the Vandals are looking to run it up.

Bengals 30 Vandals 17

or

Bengals 17 Vandals 56

I agree with you, two out of three is not bad. The defence just got better with Richards and Wright. The knowledge and speed they have is a lot better. I still don’t agree with Crittenden starting on the line. May be at linebacker but at 240#s, in my opinion that’s just too small for the line. The last time I saw somebody that small on the line was in high school. Boise had their way with him and this game won’t be any different. But one thing Crittenden has going for him. He is a senior, and he has to prove that he can play at this level. Still, giving up 100# on the line and the no huddle offensive that Idaho will run, I think will wear him out to fast. The 300# Milbourn will have to give way to seniority and wait his turn. Sounds wild, but then again, we have great coaches and they definitely know better than us. They work with them on a day to day. Trust them, I know they will steer this boat in the right direction.

Arm chair

Good God, I would LOVE to get up there and watch the game, and out-yell the Vandal fans up there. I bet I could. I'd love to be up there and fly Big Orange.

It kills me that there is no bus going there...I'd be more than happy to miss the Ohio State/Ohio game on ESPN to watch this...

But I will hopefully be in the Pressbox watching the game if I can't get up there.

Can anyone tell me what food they serve? Burgers and brats?

bengalcub said:
Idaho will be looking to kick ISU's ass this weekend. If they can hang 70+ they will do it. They need to win big because panic is setting in with the fans. I think ISU will win this game, really I do--but if they lose it might be by quite a bit. Because the Vandals are looking to run it up.

Bengals 30 Vandals 17

or

Bengals 17 Vandals 56

I've been mullin' this one over and I'm in agreement with 'cub. It's ISU close or UI big. Ball control, positive turnover margin, and on "D" - prevent the game breaker plays. ISU showed some positives v. BSU that could/should carry into Moscow. To win, ISU must play extremely well and UI to shoot themselves in the foot.

Can someone wipe that "I" of my ass??? OMFG :lol:

From the Nike outlet store giving away those hideous Vandal FB pants, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

If anyone is going to the game please take a camera. I would really like to see if the Vandal cheerleeders have the same logos on their behinds. Some close ups might be nice!

The "I" logo has been removed from the Vandal pants this week. Even their A-D took some pants home to work on. Everybody has been using seam rippers all week long.

Latest posts

Back