• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

there was nothing good about today

protege

seriously, we need an offense, this is so tough to take, I watched today hoping we would see something different, a give and go or a high low, but nothing, just pass the ball around the perimeter until a defender falls down so we can shoot, or we end up shooting late in the clock, or we end up throwing it away, just embarrassing

and everyone continues to look the other way, seems satisfied with losing, i dont get it, the staff has all the coach speak, the local beat writer gives the staff a pass on why they dont run an offense, the administration doesnt care if we win or lose they are getting paid, I am sure Coach Obrien cares, so PLEASE Coach, PLEASE tell the staff to shut their pie holes and run your offense, whatever that is, but get cuts, screens, pick and rolls etc....we will NOT be better in BSC if we continue to play like this

whoever is in charge of developing our big men should be fired

whoever is in charge of creating this so called offense we run should be fired

we ran absolutely nothing that resembled offense, ASU played their zone we left the freethrow line open all night and when we did pass it there we turned it over, terrible

almost every shot we took was something the player created himself, very few opportunities for assists, very few opportunities for good, easier looks at the basket

we shot late in the clock on almost every possession, some because of ASU defense, but 90% of it because we simply stand around

we have to be shooting the least amount of freethrows of any team in the nation, atleast it feels that way

we still have NO dunks after 10 games

To begin with, where has Chron Tatum been? He is strong and athletic, nice mid-range game today. Why hasn't he played more?

Furthermore, why doesn't Felix Caspari get more tick? He is our most active rebounder, I love this kid's motor!

Fundamentally, the issue for me is whether the team is improving with players in the right places on the court. I do not believe that to be the case at this moment!

And just what sort of offense are we running again? It seems to me that it's basically the "quick hitter." If the first pass is there, we score - great. But if it's NOT there, we are screwed! The players quickly lose confidence as they don't know where to go with the ball. Did anyone notice how selfish the Bengals were compared to ASU? When things bogged down, it ended up with mainly Stucki or Morgan out on top trying to go one-on-one and create. These two players had TEN turnovers between them as they repeatedly got stripped trying to take their man off the dribble or made a poor pass to players who weren't moving to the basket. Then things tend to get desperate and we end up taking bad shots late in the shot clock. This is because we don't have a true offense, but instead rely on "sets." These "sets" break down much too quickly after the first pass.

And why was Bay off the ball again today? I realize he had some turnover problems earlier in the season, but he has averaged like one turnover a game the last several while playing mainly the point spot. I just like the way the offense (if you can call it that! :roll: ) seems to flow better when Bay is at the point and you have Morgan (a natural two) and Stucki (a natural three) off the ball and cutting to the basket. Kilpatrick belongs on the wing, but should not be handling the ball. We need to set hard screens for him, freeing him to knock down the 3-ball.

And our bigs need to start rattling some teeth! We are way too soft down low! When are we going to see a rim-rattling dunk from Busma who is SEVEN FEET TALL?!!

In summary, we play our best basketball when all 5 guys are involved in the offense. How about running the pick-and-roll Coach? Just "the basics" alone would make this team a whole lot better!

how bout fast break points seems like forever since we filled that stat line

I like bay at the 1 it gives row and stucki tons of freedom to play their natural positions and they dont have to attempt to manage the game and when they are off the ball they DO set screens and rebound well, when they are at the 1 we dont get that, plus it keeps the defense honest, in addition bay had no trouble getting past the ASU guards, looks like he is getting his wheels under him a bit

tatum is very athletic, I would like to see more of him if the others are not going to step up, casperi same, by far the toughest player in the post we have, and we could use that now more than ever

please guys, lets get something going, Nevada could be another repeat of today, God I hope not, but if it gets ugly atleast lets see some improvement on the offense, I am sure the players are sick and tired of losing, I hope they can put this crap behind them and find a NEW lease on their game very soon!

wishing everyone a merry Christmas and hope the team stay healthy over the break

I am not serious about firing them, but god we get NO improvement at all, the offense is aweful and the bigs get pushed around by guards, we never get position on the block and they have a very difficult time handling the ball, if there is contact at all it seems we get beat

I haven't had the Net for two days and didn't get online Sunday, so I'm reading a lot of posts for the first time.
As for today, we really played well in the first half excxept for giving up 10 3's. Offensively we were only down a point with 10:30 left in the first half, and even though ASU then hit 6 straight treys, we answered every one with a basket of our own. Our offense was pretty effectively executed with the exception of the 10 turnovers in the first half. Defensively we kept Pendergaph out of their O in the first half, too...but their 3's made up for it...and they were hitting some serious deep 3's too. A lot were 23-to-25 feet out. It's not like we didn't get hands up...they were just plain "en fuego"!
What really killed us was the first ten minutes of the second half when their D really stepped it up and they put up like a 27-4 run, or something like that. We just looked like deer staring into headlights during that stretch.
Chron got most of his points off some nice passing through ASU's zone...he had "the touch" today that no one else really had. We actually shot "OK" today at 44-%, but we gave up 30 beans off those 19 turnovers, and that's what killed us combined with the 3's. You are right about one thing, we totally failed today when we tried to dribble-penetrate their zone, and even when we got the ball into the post our big guys were swarmed under and couldn't hang onto the ball, let alone get off a shot. Chron was the only semblance of an inside threat we posed.
Now...off for Christmas, then away to Reno for another chance at beating a WAC foe...then back home to beat the Vandals Monday night.
I hope you all have a very safe and warm Merry Christmas and may you feel the love of family and God at this holiday.
GO BENGALS!

BTW, can someone work with Benny and help him put a little machismo into his dancing? I almost feel a little uncomfortable sometimes when he dances. :O

I know i am getting far from reality but i want to throw this at you.(a bit of a stretch but some positive) Wisconsin lost to the #8 team Texas today by 5 points. We lost to Wisconsin by 2 points and almost won. What have you say? Thatt game was the best game that i have seen our Bengals play so far. I still have confidence but the Portland win today says something about them.
Votb, i feel the same way about Benny dancing out there. Much improvement needed or maybe just don't do it?
Hope everyone has a safe one and can spend some quality time with family and friends. Eat lots, stay warm and pray for those that are less fortunate. Merry Christmas to All the Bengal Family!

If i have offended anyone i am sorry. I will try to be better next year. I will probably not be perfect but we should all try to rally around our Bengal Family in tough times. Sparty, i hope you and your family has a Very Merry Christmas!

Latest posts

Back