• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Thoughts on SDSU?

I think this is very much like a road BSC game. The team will shoot a ton of threes and if ISU tries to go to big--they could get lit up from behind the arc.

Jackrabbit Extra is streaming video, but it will cost you $11-12. I always get suckered into paying for road games.

bengalcub said:
I think this is very much like a road BSC game. The team will shoot a ton of threes and if ISU tries to go to big--they could get lit up from behind the arc.

Jackrabbit Extra is streaming video, but it will cost you $11-12. I always get suckered into paying for road games.

Wow, that's no small amount. Some places don't charge that much to see a game in person. :lol:

23-3 with 11:00 in the first half. Idaho State is standing on offense and not rotating on defense. This team just does not look quick enough or athletic enough right now. I know it is early, but this is a big step backwards. With that said, the Jackrabbits know how to play TEAM ball.

SDSU beat Iowa, I believe, they are a quality team. The women are beating Texas State by 6 at half-time.

They are a quality team no doubt. I am not taking anything away from them.

What I will say is ISU is playing horrible right now. Standing on offense and no rotation on defense. The JC kids are afraid to shoot the ball and opponents are figuring it out.

I can handle a ton of things as a Bengal fan, what I can't stand is a team that isn't giving effort. It looks like last year right now and that makes me sick.

Cub,
The second half against Great Falls was a repeat of last year. The Bengals looked good in the first half and then stood around the second half with Gilchrist often taking the ball baseline to baseline. I was disappointed.

No worries, conference is all that matters. :lol:

Realistically, few people had any expectations from this team, I certainly didn't. However, O'Brien needs to get it together, I don't like the way his teams have been trending. IMO, his team in year 1 was his best.

spudbowl said:
Cub,
The second half against Great Falls was a repeat of last year. The Bengals looked good in the first half and then stood around the second half with Gilchrist often taking the ball baseline to baseline. I was disappointed.

Well they started standing around tonight at the opening tip. :D

Sorry to be so negative, just pissed off right now.

biobengal said:
No worries, conference is all that matters. :lol:

Realistically, few people had any expectations from this team, I certainly didn't. However, O'Brien needs to get it together, I don't like the way his teams have been trending. IMO, his team in year 1 was his best.

I don't think conference is all that matters at all. But, I want to give this team until conference starts before I sell the farm and start looking forward to spring football.

I like O'Brien and I like his teams best when they are playing 'balls to the wall' on defense. It they won't pick things up defensively--they can't compete, period.

You guys need to go to KISU and listen to the women's game. They are up by 14 at Texas State after giving Texas Tech all that they could handle. More than 10 years ago, I would have never followed women's bb, but this is a team that has consistently competed for a decade now and as a 40 year Bengal fan, I appreciate that. This 2010-2011 team leaves it all on the floor and competes with wins over Loyola Marymount, Air Force, and hopefully tonight with a win over Texas State on the road.

spudbowl said:
You guys need to go to KISU and listen to the women's game. They are up by 14 at Texas State after giving Texas Tech all that they could handle. More than 10 years ago, I would have never followed women's bb, but this is a team that has consistently competed for a decade now and as a 40 year Bengal fan, I appreciate that. This 2010-2011 team leaves it all on the floor and competes with wins over Loyola Marymount, Air Force, and hopefully tonight with a win over Texas State on the road.

I've followed the women's game since Ardie's undefeated run through the BSC. It is the most consistent product that ISU offers... having kept it going through several coaching hires > Ardie > _____ > John > Seton.

Good job by the women! Listened to the Texas State game tonight and they came through nicely. Well done!

Just turned off the men's post game show. O'Brien is singing the same old song - emphasis on OLD. Same OLD tune and same OLD lyrics. Same OLD Junior College Joe. :roll:

The women have been very fun to follow for the past several years. Women's basketball, men's basketball... I just like watching winning basketball at ISU :D

The women have some very good talent on that team and should compete for the top 3 spots in the conference (in my biased, homer opinion)... Worth checking the games out!

I'm also hoping the men start to click. Nothing would be better for the winter/spring to have important basketball games at home each weekend for both teams.

MMM Sounds like something familiar..... only under Bengal Basketball. I hope the best for the Men's team but I"m putting my money on the women's team, for a conference win.Maybe top 3/4.

Latest posts

Back