• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Today

If this hasn't been posted you have until the 13th to watch practices. After that they are closed.

PBP

One bit of news tonight. Punter Sean Chaney has decided to retire and not play anymore. He's married, has a child and already has his degree. He decided this earlier today.

PBP

PBP said:
One bit of news tonight. Punter Sean Chaney has decided to retire and not play anymore. He's married, has a child and already has his degree. He decided this earlier today.

PBP

I can’t understand why someone would wait until the day fall ball starts to make a decision like this. It puts the entire team in a pickle. I understand his priorities have changed and I respect his choice—but the timing isn’t fair to his coaches and teammates.

Practice had the veteran running the majority of the time with a couple of the new guys filling in. Nikola Wadsworth and T. Jones were in the rotation at linebacker, both looked good despite still thinking through every play. Terrance Jones is going to be an animal, big and fast For the most part the first day was getting back to work and showing the new guys what is expected. Outside of a few, most the young guys will redshirt. This is where I see the difference in maturity, even the large guys usually don't have the muscle mass the older players have. Looks like Cheney decided not to play this year; Parker punts as well as Campbell Sheidow, there are two other kickers but I don't know if either punts. One from Highland here in Pocatello the other from Mesa Ariz. Two JC D linemen Majerle Taugavau and Gilbert Varela, looked like Varela still had some paperwork to resolve. A freshman DT is Skylar Emery from Nyssa Oregon looks allot like Heck in size. Porter Thomas is back from his mission and is joined by Zach Hernandez, Jon Herrin, Juan Ruiz, Hunter Smith, Terron Carey, and John Perko as incoming freshman on the Oline. I see all of these players redshirting, just to much depth on the OLINE. Tracy Reynolds is back as a receiver, we have a solid rotation at WR and RB, saw Tyray Collins going with the third team as a RB a couple of times, quick smaller back like Trey Bell. As the practices go we will see who is on what team or rotation, for right now they are bring the new up to speed while continuing with the game plan for the year with the returners. We don't have it like the old days when half our freshmen ended up playing, these guys will have a chance to grow up, or as I told Cub one time, "there nuts will have a chance to drop." Going to be in Salt Lake for a while so I won't have anything to report for awhile.

blackfootbengal said:
Parker punts as well as Campbell Sheidow, there are two other kickers but I don't know if either punts. One from Highland here in Pocatello the other from Mesa Ariz.

How did your kickers look on Day 1?

BSCfan said:
blackfootbengal said:
Parker punts as well as Campbell Sheidow, there are two other kickers but I don't know if either punts. One from Highland here in Pocatello the other from Mesa Ariz.

Mixed. I know Johnson missed some field goals during the drills they had during it and the team had to run because of it. (Guess that's a new policy or something...)

PBP

PBP said:
BSCfan said:
blackfootbengal said:

Mixed. I know Johnson missed some field goals during the drills they had during it and the team had to run because of it. (Guess that's a new policy or something...)

PBP

Uh oh...

PBP said:
BSCfan said:
blackfootbengal said:

PBP

Why not have the entire team line up and attempt a field goal to make it fun rather than punishment? Good practice for snapper and holder as well. Are they going to run everytime a receiver drops a pass?

No kidding and tell the team it isn’t football but vaginaball. They could be national vaginaball champs—after all they are participating. This way everyone wins and they can feel good about themselves, too.

I never heard of a entire team running because a kicker missed some field goals in practice. I was joking about the entire team lining up to kick a field goal because the kicker missed some field goals in practice.

Latest posts

Back