• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tonight's Coaches' Show

Skippy

ISU Athletic Director Jeff Tingey will be our guest for the first half hour of tonight's coach's show at Chilis. Bengal women's basketball coach Seton Sobolewski will join us for the second half hour. 6 p.m. on KSEI, 930 a.m.

I would appreciate it, if someone could summarize tonight's Tingey comments. My daughter has her first HS basketball game tonight, so I won't be able to catch it. I hate waiting for the archive to post.

BTW--Skippy can you tell Jeffrey that I am starting to develop a little bit of a man crush on him? He has really stepped up to the plate as of late. If he gets either or these two as head coach--he is going to get his own thread on the Den as a tribute from me.

Jeff will be visiting his sister/brother-in-law in New York later this month. Could you ask him if he wouldn't mind taking Brandons' Christmas gift to him so I don't have to pay the postage? :lol: :lol:

You guys are a riot. I will pass on both your "concerns." I'm off to Pocatello from IF now, so if you anybody else has questions, listen to the show and call in tonight. Talk to you then.

In case you missed tonight's show, these were the highlights:

Jeff said the coaching hire is not a "done deal," but "it's very close." He said he wanted to finish it "in a week to 10 days."

He said he wants a coach with Division I (that includes FCS, remember) head coaching experience.

He said when he met with the players on Sunday, he promised everyone who had a scholarship that they would be given a scholarship next year, whether they are injured or not. He said the entire academic support group from the athletic department was in the meeting and he made it clear they are there to help the players succeed and that they WANT them all to stay in the program.

He said he is waiting on the final gift to finish fundraising for the new turf. Even if this person turns him down, he is confident he will get the final amount necessary to have the turf installed by next season. Cost: $1 million.

He said he will look at reallocating funding within the football operations budget, which he said is in the upper one-third of the Big Sky Conference, to see if he can find the ability to send the football team on charter flights again, rather than commercial or bus.

He said he has addressed ISU's APR situation with the coaching candidates and made it clear that handling the situation will be critically important.

He said Bill Byrne, an ISU alum who is now the AD at Texas A&M and was the AD at Oregon and Nebraska before that, gave him good advice when he was first hired as ISU's AD: "He told me to always be looking for my next coach." Jeff said he and Dr. Vailas consulted on the situation, then began contacting athletic directors and coaches throughout the West to get input on potential coaching candidates.

He said the new coach is ging to have to play a big role in fundraising and increasing interest in the program.

Finally, Jeff said there is no consensus among Big Sky ADs on the best way to schedule the new, 13-footbal team, 11-basketball team conference. He said the best solution would be to add a 12th team in all sports (14th in football) and break into divisions.

You can hear from Zamberlin's press conference today by going to Channel 6's website.

http://www.kpvi.com/story.php?id=32065&n=15210

JJB said:
You can hear from Zamberlin's press conference today by going to Channel 6's website.

http://www.kpvi.com/story.php?id=32065&n=15210

After watching part 1, I get that Zamberlin can't stand Ted Dawson any more than the rest of us. :lol:

classic john, trails sac last week by as much as 42 points, but that's because the Georgia game "took a lot out of them."(?) john goes on to say, "the outside looks good but the inside is beat up"(?) ...so your players had internal organ trauma? or they got their feelings hurt because they had to play an SEC team. i find it hard to believe that a football team can still be "out of gas" a week after they play a game. injuries are one thing but that's never mentioned. wow, i probably should be watching these video's cuz they're just getting me fired up.

a very real dynamic kramer is going to have to deal with when he gets here is the cancer of excuse making that john and his staff have instilled and cultivated in this football program. for many of these young men excuse making/scapegoating is all they've seen when it comes to explaining the inadequate performance. it wouldn't surprise me if the new coaching staff has to release players before next season because of it. lets hope not tho.

Latest posts

Back