• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tonight's Coaches Show

votb

Great looking shirts to give away from the Orange and Black Store, along with hot dogs and sodas at the ISU Coaches Radio Show tonight at 6 at Phil Meador Courtesy Ford in Pocatello. GO BENGALS!

Just so you know...we had a nice turnout Monday. About a half-dozen fans showed up and pulled up chairs in front of our broadcast table for the coaches interviews. Hot dogs and t-shirts were moving...

Same time and place next Wednesday!

GO BENGALS!

Same shirts, hot dogs and Coke and water...ask coaches questions...all tonight at 6:00 at Phil Meador Courtesy Ford...

Questions for tonight?

1. The offense looks to be lacking a clear direction a lack of cohesiveness. Is this due to the OC not understanding your intent, or the OC not calling a focused game? Why such conservative play calling and lack of touches to KW? MM is getting all the attention leaving other receivers wide , no crossing routes over the middle, very basic run game, why is this?

2. The D last week a Cal Poly and PSU gave the corner away, as a fan of Army and the triple option #1 rule don't give away the corner an force it inside. The D will bite on the dive every time showing a lack of discipline and attention to detail why has this not been corrected?

3. Running QB'S are killing us. To stop the running qb teams have adopted the strategy of hit the QB every time why have we not done this. This is how the NFL has stopped Kap at the 49's , Wilson with the seahawks and just about every read option team in D1 ball?

I caught the show tonight. Kramer did say he fired himself as the kicking coach, and assigned the responsibility to David Fiefia. There wasn't anything really newsworthy beside that.

I have to say, I felt sorry for the softball coach, Candi Letts, who was interviewed in the first half of the show. It really felt more like a Julie Wright tribute show, which was unfair for Candi. Just as I thought we'd learn a little more about Coach Letts, Jerry and Mark had to remind us and her how great Julie was at everything. She was, but this is Candi Letts' time. It wasn't necessary to tell us about Julie's first day at ISU. It wasn't necessary to tell us about how great a speaker Julie was at Rotary. It wasn't necessary to remind Candi how great of a team Julie recruited for her. And so on. My wife said it sounded like they aren't happy with the hire, since they kept bring every conversation back to Julie.

Sorry that I did not see your questions until 9:30. We had technical difficulties getting set up tonight so I only had isubengals.com and FB opened when we hit the air.

Our interior D did stop the dive at Poly...but we couldn't contain outside. Kramer says the backside safety couldn't get it covered, which was usually the problem. Our D-linemen were in on 33 tackles.

The offense rushed for almost 180 yards and threw for almost 300. 8 different receivers. Usually a QB wll go to a guy who has the best matchup if it's Man-D...that was MM, but he only had 6 catches of 22 completions. Sanders is far from perfect, but in his 5th game he was 19-29 for 285 yds, 3tds, 1 int, 1 sack. In his 5th game of his first starting season Justin Arias was 40-66 for 365, yds, 3td, 3 ints, sacked 3 times in a 3 pt. loss at home to North Dakota. Two of his 7 receivers had 11 catches each, the other 5 split the remaining 18. Arias already had two years in the program going into his junior season. Sanders has had 10 weeks, and it was just his 5th game. No spring ball. He's getting better every week, but he has a long way to go.

About the OC, Kramer made it clear two weeks ago that it doesn't matter who the OC is, all the play calling still goes through him, even when Bailey was here. How many calls is he changing, if any?

About the interview tonight with Coach Letts...all I can say is you would've had to have been there personally interacting with her to know how far to go into her background...even to her coaching resume. I gave her chances to talk about all the places she's been. I've been there long enough to know that when doing an interview with someone like Candi, who IS willing to talk...if you open a door for them and they don't walk through it...you change directions. I like Candi...a lot. I'll also take your words to heart. We did not get a chance to say goodbye to Julie and thank her for putting a strong foundation to our softball program, so to me it made sense to make sure we give her credit during what would be our last conversation about her, which was our first conversation about softball this year. She left us for Maryland, so she won't be mentioned again.

I heard that Kramer fired his special teams coach also. Did that happen on the Coaches show?

We all know who the ST coach is. :lol: :lol:

VOTB:

I wish I could have been there to see the interviews, I have yet to meet Coach Letts! I had to have teeth extracted so you can probably imagine I was a little indisposed of at the time :lol:

Will you guys be having her on again soon?

Yes, Kramer announced on the show last night that he fired himself as ST coach and gave the job to David Fiefia.

Ross, not sure when Candi will be on again. Steve lines up the show guests.

Questions fro 10/21

1. What is the condition of Michael Sanders?
2. Blaming the refs is never an excuse but you expect a level of professionalism and competency. With the horrific reffing that occurred at Saturdays game ( false start on a Field goal EW, the hit to MS knee with the top of the EW players helmet, numerous false starts clipping holding face mask ext) will ISU make a formal complaint to the BIG SKY?
3. Why don't we see more of an offensive play book? Madison Mangum had a TD pass last year why not this year ? a reverse or two between KW and MM or X?
4.What will be the emphasis on recruiting for next year? O or D
5. The schedule do we as fans need to push President Vailas for more support or why is there such a lack of
budgeting and long term planing?
6. Why are our DBs 10yards deep we gave EW the underneath pass all day including on 3rd down? Why not man press as we were getting good pressure from the line take away the quick throw so we have a better chance at a sack?

Latest posts

Back