• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Toone out as DC

Colter_Nuanez56

As first reported by Madison Guernsey of the Idaho State Journal

Toone out as defensive coordinator at Idaho State; Cooper a leading candidate
https://skylinesportsmt.com/toone-out-as-defensive-coordinator-at-idaho-state-cooper-a-leading-candidate/

....just looking for some other folks' thoughts....I can't argue with Toone being let go.....with us continuing to be at the bottom of the Big Sky in defense.....but why are we so quickly...it appears...to be handing the new DC position to an "in house" guy ?.....why not see who else is available with some many coaching staff changes being made this time of year ?.....

I wish i could say i saw the writing on the wall on the dismissal but this makes more since why Phen was reciting stats the second half of the season for the offense.

I don't think it is just an in house hire to "improve the defense". Cooper has a reputation, and probably a recruiting edge since he has League experience and titles and awards next to his name. My question is is he (Cooper) capable of hiring and acquiring the coaches and players who will win?

Honestly i could care less who the D coordinator is, But dong it hire somebody who won't put us in last place in all of football every season statistically.

We need a Defense that will at most allow 14 pts a game if we are gonna contend.

Bengal_believer said:
I wish i could say i saw the writing on the wall on the dismissal but this makes more since why Phen was reciting stats the second half of the season for the offense.

I don't think it is just an in house hire to "improve the defense". Cooper has a reputation, and probably a recruiting edge since he has League experience and titles and awards next to his name. My question is is he (Cooper) capable of hiring and acquiring the coaches and players who will win?

Honestly i could care less who the D coordinator is, But dong it hire somebody who won't put us in last place in all of football every season statistically.

We need a Defense that will at most allow 14 pts a game if we are gonna contend.

Given the nature of the Big Sky, I don't think there are a lot of teams that only allow 14 points game. To me that's probably unrealistic, if they could hold teams to between 20-25 points a game that would give them a very good chance to succeed.

....I agree with PBP....14 points might be too much to hope for...especially being in the " BIG SCORE" conference ....lol...but if we could hold teams to between 3 TDs to 3 TDS and a FG per game....I'd take that every time....especially with Troxel as OC......

Evidently, Kramer recruited offense and put defense on the back burner. This from a defensive coach. Doesn't add up. Montana just fired Stitt because, in part, he really did recruit offense, with the philosophy of 'we will just outscore everyone.'

clawsout said:
....just looking for some other folks' thoughts....I can't argue with Toone being let go.....with us continuing to be at the bottom of the Big Sky in defense.....but why are we so quickly...it appears...to be handing the new DC position to an "in house" guy ?.....why not see who else is available with some many coaching staff changes being made this time of year ?.....
A rudderless ship knows not where it is going. Begin year 37. Second verse same as the first.

Latest posts

Back