• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tough Schedule Again

How can we have a winning season in the Big Sky with this tough schedule? All of these Big Sky teams had a winning season in 2015 other than Sacramento State. Forget about Oregon State and the University of Colorado as those games are just money games. Simon Frazier (0-9 in 2015 season) - that is an ISU win for sure. So, we go into Big Sky play at 1 - 2. Are we good enough to beat any of these teams or will it take another year or so before we have a winning season again? I am thinking the 2017 season will be the year for the Bengals to have a winning season as Tanner will be a more experienced QB and our defense will be better.

Sacramento State
Portland State University
Northern Arizona University
University of North Dakota
Southern Utah University
University of Montana
Eastern Washington University
Weber State University

The Big Sky is always difficult to be sure. But the games are played on the field and not on a computer for a reason...anything can happen.

To me the absolute key is for ISU to avoid the severe and disruptive injuries that gutted the football (and women's basketball) team. If they stay healthy they can compete.

PBP

Other than Sactamento State at 1-7 in the Big Sky the other teams we will be playing finished at 5 - 3 and 6 - 2 in the Big Sky during the 2015 season. I understand the games are not played on the computer and injuries can hurt a program but the schedule does play a part in the success of the program. I guess there is the possibility that we will be a better team in 2016 and the other teams we will be playing will not be as good in 2016.

ISU had a winning season and high hopes to come. Flash in the pan. If a team IS good, it will win, otherwise it will be shown for what it really is. Want to feel good before conference time, stop scheduling body bag money games, and schedule weak NAIA teams. Go into Big Sky play UNDEFEATED! I'm sure whoever is the first conference opponent will be quaking in their boots.

Opening up against Sacramento State at Holt Arena and ending the season against Weber State at Holt Arena is good news. Not playing 3 road games in a row is also good news.

Latest posts

Back