• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Transfers from last years team

Eagledawg

Before the SLU game I was watching their previous game highlights (Miss. st.) to get an idea of their offense and I heard a name called out that I recognize, Freddie Roberson. Forgot that he went to MSU! His stats through 4 games is 1 catch for 11 yards and think that came in yesterdays game.

If any of you have an update on any former players feel free to post here please.

Eagledawg said:
Before the SLU game I was watching their previous game highlights (Miss. st.) to get an idea of their offense and I heard a name called out that I recognize, Freddie Roberson. Forgot that he went to MSU! His stats through 4 games is 1 catch for 11 yards and think that came in yesterdays game.

If any of you have an update on any former players feel free to post here please.

That was a dissapointing transfer. I'll never fault a guy for transferring out after they complete their degree but I wonder how much he's improving his stock sitting on the bench?

Hambone said:
Eagledawg said:

That was a dissapointing transfer. I'll never fault a guy for transferring out after they complete their degree but I wonder how much he's improving his stock sitting on the bench?

I am challenged to think of one guy who’s improved his stock by transferring. Tre Weed? Josh Jerome? Freddie? Ely Doyal? Meanwhile, Efton and others continue to just plug along as Mr. Consistent.

ewueagle2010 said:
Hambone said:
Eagledawg said:

I am challenged to think of one guy who’s improved his stock by transferring. Tre Weed? Josh Jerome? Freddie? Ely Doyal? Meanwhile, Efton and others continue to just plug along as Mr. Consistent.

Maybe the turf looked greener. :)

Where did Tre Weed transfer to?

Roberson is playing, albeit very little. I'm not sure Josh Jerome has even played at all. Ely Doyle is the only guy seeing much in the way of minutes. Doyle was an odd one; he was great at times for Eastern and more than the others, it felt like the coaches didn't see in him what I saw. He was a good player and a big hitter. I felt like he should've had a bigger role at Eastern. At the beginning of 2021, he was our best defensive player for the first half of the season and got benched for some reason.

People will always remember Vernon Adams transferring and immediately getting the starting job at Oregon. But I can't think of any other transfer from Eastern that went out and made a big name at another school. Most guys fade into obscurity. Ojoh put in work at New Mexico State, but that's about as low as it gets in FBS.

ewueagle2010 said:
Hambone said:
Eagledawg said:

I can't think of any from the last couple of seasons. You might have to go all the way back to Vernon Adams, and even that one was is debatable.

LDopaPDX said:
Where did Tre Weed transfer to?

Roberson is playing, albeit very little. I'm not sure Josh Jerome has even played at all. Ely Doyle is the only guy seeing much in the way of minutes. Doyle was an odd one; he was great at times for Eastern and more than the others, it felt like the coaches didn't see in him what I saw. He was a good player and a big hitter. I felt like he should've had a bigger role at Eastern. At the beginning of 2021, he was our best defensive player for the first half of the season and got benched for some reason.

People will always remember Vernon Adams transferring and immediately getting the starting job at Oregon. But I can't think of any other transfer from Eastern that went out and made a big name at another school. Most guys fade into obscurity. Ojoh put in work at New Mexico State, but that's about as low as it gets in FBS.

Tre went to Nevada and looking at his stats he hasn't played very much only has 7 tackles

Seattle Eagle said:
Gage Gubrud, another head scratcher.

Gubrud got caught in a bad situation... At the time he left, Barriere had just led the team to the National Championship game and was expected to be the starter moving forward. There was no contingency for Gubrud getting a medical waiver for another year. I think he was told that he'd likely have the starting spot at WSU, but it didn't materialize that way. That was a tough situation for him, because he was GREAT while at Eastern. People will all remember the great receiving corps we had in 2016, but that can't marginalize what he did. He was a phenom, and his performance at WSU was one of the finest games - maybe the single finest game- I've ever seen from an Eastern QB (in his very first start, no less).

LDopaPDX said:
Seattle Eagle said:

Gubrud got caught in a bad situation... At the time he left, Barriere had just led the team to the National Championship game and was expected to be the starter moving forward. There was no contingency for Gubrud getting a medical waiver for another year. I think he was told that he'd likely have the starting spot at WSU, but it didn't materialize that way. That was a tough situation for him, because he was GREAT while at Eastern. People will all remember the great receiving corps we had in 2016, but that can't marginalize what he did. He was a phenom, and his performance at WSU was one of the finest games - maybe the single finest game- I've ever seen from an Eastern QB (in his very first start, no less).

Also don't forget he broke his foot at the start of spring training. I also remember the pirate didn't like it when in a scrimmage he checked out of a play and ran the ball. He got caught up in the covid thing while trying to make the BC Lions when he decided to retire from football. I often wonder what he is up to these days and yes that was the best offense ever!!!!!

Eagledawg said:
LDopaPDX said:
Seattle Eagle said:

Also don't forget he broke his foot at the start of spring training. I also remember the pirate didn't like it when in a scrimmage he checked out of a play and ran the ball. He got caught up in the covid thing while trying to make the BC Lions when he decided to retire from football. I often wonder what he is up to these days and yes that was the best offense ever!!!!!

That 2016 offense was stupid good. Hell, that team should have won the NC that year and I think they would have if that Youngstown player had not made that crazy facemask catch at the end of that semifinal game.

Eagledawg said:
LDopaPDX said:
Seattle Eagle said:

I believe I've heard he's married, living in the Tri Cities area and has a good, blue collar job.

LDopaPDX said:
Seattle Eagle said:

Agreed. One of the best performances I've seen of any Eastern QB.

Latest posts

Back