• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Troxel Heading to Oregon State

SLCBengal

As tweeted by the ISJ's Madison Guernsey...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MGuernsey_ISJ/status/954463706980560896[/tweet]

It seems that Bobby Hauck basically threw Ferriter under the bus at UM, so this could be interesting.

It's a bummer that Trox is leaving, but it's hard to pass up an FBS opportunity even if it's OSU. :twisted: Honestly though, I hope the best for him.

On the flipside, I'm stoked about Ferriter and can't wait to see him back with the Bengals and working with Coach Phen and the team in this capacity. Ferriter is very familiar with our program so the adjustment should be minimal. This is his first OC gig, but he has a lot to offer and knows football just as good as anyone. A great pick-up by Phen.

I know everybody has a right to move “up” in the world, but I don’t see how this is a positive career move for him....

Didn’t Phen go out of his way to keep Troxel with the team last season?

Next season when we’re competeing and OSU is struggling, maybe he’ll wonder if the money is worth it

For what it's worth I've been told Matt actually isn't making that much more money at OSU than at ISU. Basically he's the 'quality control' / 'analytics' guy for the program.

But, again this is what I've been told , starting in that position is the only way today an 'outsider' from a small conference / subdivision can hope to move into the ranks of Power 5 coaches.

If true, Matt may have felt he needed to do this now while he's still fairly young.

Either way, I wish him all the best. Good guy and a sharp football mind.

PBP

PBP said:
For what it's worth I've been told Matt actually isn't making that much more money at OSU than at ISU. Basically he's the 'quality control' / 'analytics' guy for the program.

But, again this is what I've been told , starting in that position is the only way today an 'outsider' from a small conference / subdivision can hope to move into the ranks of Power 5 coaches.

If true, Matt may have felt to needed to do this now while he's still fairly young.

Either way, I wish him all the best. Good guy and a sharp football mind.

PBP

I agree. He is ready to transfer to a higher league with his coaching experience. He will do well. Maybe, he can be a funnel for ISU if OSU players want to step down.

Maybe Troxel left to make room for Ferriter after all the offense tanked in the second half of the year. I hope this is the scenario. Maybe Rob will do things to win. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
Maybe Troxel left to make room for Ferriter after all the offense tanked in the second half of the year. I hope this is the scenario. Maybe Rob will do things to win. GO BENGALS

Our defense tanked too so we need to shore up that defense as well in 2018. Any suggestions how to improve our offense or defense? I am sure coach Phen is being pressured to win more games in 2018 by the AD.

Tacoma5 said:
It's a bummer that Trox is leaving, but it's hard to pass up an FBS opportunity even if it's OSU. :twisted: Honestly though, I hope the best for him.

On the flipside, I'm stoked about Ferriter and can't wait to see him back with the Bengals and working with Coach Phen and the team in this capacity. Ferriter is very familiar with our program so the adjustment should be minimal. This is his first OC gig, but he has a lot to offer and knows football just as good as anyone. A great pick-up by Phen.

Is coach Ferriter familiar with coach Phen Program?

Bengal_believer said:
Is anyone else wondering why we know who our new OC is already and not o-line nor DC?

ISU is waiting to announce all it’s coaching changes at the same time, after LOI day in February.

up for the challenge said:
Tacoma5 said:

The article yesterday by Madison stayed ferriter played on Montana team when coach Phen was coaching there. I think it also states he was an assistant coach at UNLV when coach Phenice was a coach at UNLV also

PBP said:
50 yr fan said:
I am sure coach Phen is being pressured to win more games in 2018 by the AD.

I don't. I think Jeff would LIKE him to win more games...but "pressured?"

Ummmmm....no.

PBP

I thought coach Phen was hired to win games according to the AD when he announced coach Phen as head coach to the public. Is that just talk or is it expectations coming from the AD to coach Phen when coach Kramer left the program. I would say it is expectations that this program has to start winning more games. I call it pressure to start winning.

demian said:
Tacoma5 said:

The article yesterday by Madison stayed ferriter played on Montana team when coach Phen was coaching there. I think it also states he was an assistant coach at UNLV when coach Phenice was a coach at UNLV also

They know each other as player-coach and assistant coach - assistant coach but it is coach Phen program so he has his own style as being head coach. Coach Ferriter has no idea about the way coach Phen will run his program until practice starts.

They know each other as player-coach and assistant coach - assistant coach but it is coach Phen program so he has his own style as being head coach. Coach Ferriter has no idea about the way coach Phen will run his program until practice starts.

Why are you arguing with yourself?

200.gif

sasquatch said:

Why are you arguing with yourself?

200.gif

What do you know other than nothing?

...sasquatch..... :clap: :clap: :clap: ....AND if you haven't noticed...."THAT" is usually the norm with "this one"..... :rofl: :rofl: .....

Latest posts

Back