• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tuiasosopo Niusulu verbals to Bengals.

bengalcub

Born to be a Bengal
by Chris Fetters of Scout.com, January 12, 2009 at 12:50pm ET

Tuiasosopo Niusulu Profile

Lakewood (Wash.) Lakes Head Coach Dave Miller told Scout.com Monday that defensive tackle Tuiasosopo Niusulu (6-0, 250), will be heading to Pocatello, Idaho to play his college football.

"I wanted to inform you that Tuiasosopo Niusulu from Lakes High School has given a verbal commitment to Idaho State University to accept a full ride scholarship for football," Miller said. "Tui gave his verbal to Coach John Zamberlin and Coach Drew Miller during an in home visit with his family last Friday, January 9th. Tui was also being recruited by Montana State, Eastern Washington and Central Washington.

Tui was the Defensive Linemen of the year in SPSL 3A and an All-State defensive lineman (3A AP) during his senior season in 2008 and was chosen to play in the East-West All-State game in June, 2009. He was a team captain on the Lancers 12-1 team that advanced to the State semifinals, finishing third in state.

If i saw this I would've never posted my news about this haha.

what you think? we got Pele and Niusulu, can they be players to help turn this program over in the years? Pele and athlete obviously being a 240lb all league rb/lb and Tui even though he was undersized he was being a Dline destroyer, earning 3A Dline of the year as well as All State, what more could you ask for?.. Maybe if we can get Tramonte from skyline we can see an improvement sooner rather than later ( i know these players cause i live in the WA area)..

Wow, GO BENGALS!

I am optimistic about Pele and Niusulu, but I don't anticipate that incoming FR will make a difference in the short term. I look forward to see the FR recruits contributing 2-3 years down the road and they very well may do that.

In a few days the JC window for kids that can transfer in for spring closes. I am concerned that Idaho State may not be getting a solid JC class in. Zamberlin does not have 3-4 more years of producing zero to three or four wins a season to build up a talent base. This isn't a bash on the current staff, but a reality of the poor JC recruiting that has been done in the past two recruiting class.

Idaho State needs a slew of kids that can come in and help the team win TODAY. If 7-12 JC kids are not signed--look for another long season in 2009.

I don't know if you will see 7-12 JC kids or not, but a few are here. Per ISU custom (and per the coaches requests), those guys will get officially released with the recruiting class in a couple of weeks.

ISUSID

Thanks for the update Frank. I'll hope for the best. I guess a lot of youngsters will get some trial by fire. Not such a bad thing for down the road. I just hope this staff wins enough games to see the youngins play as JR's and SR's.

I cannot remember ever being so uninspired as a fan coming into a year. I'm just calling it how I see it. I see some very, very tough years ahead for ISU football. It seems like Idaho State is content on signing Division II talent.

But then again, I love em' and will always be here rooting them on. AND I have been wrong more than once--see ISU basketball this season.

I totally agree, I hope we can save this incoming class, which can be a good one for the FUTURE.. In 2 years or so you might be able to see ISU on the rise who knows?

but as a fan of the bengals, like all of you. lets see how it plays out and hope for the best recruiting class.

I am with you on this one Cub.
We need some immediate help in a couple of positions.
That need should be filled by JC pickups.
I expected 7-9 JC kids again this year but it doesn't look like it.
One of benefits of picking up a JC kid is that most of the time they can be here now in January and go thru winter conditioning and spring ball with the team.
I am not sure why we haven't picked up more JC kids already.
I know Orthmann last had the SoCal/Los Angeles hot bed for JC recruiting before he was relieved.
There is a ton of talent down there but I don't see any of it on our team so far this year.
Seems like we should have gotten much more than what have at this point.
Especially in the form of a DT, DE, LB, CB, RB

This year's HS recruits look to be very good though.
I know we have some very good talent coming to visit Poky in the next couple of weeks.
Let's hope we can get our share.

Latest posts

Back