• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Two New Offers

Skippy

Per Verbal Commits ISU has offered 5-10 junior to be PG Jace Whiting of Burley and 6-7 senior to be be F Emmanuel Andrew of Kearns, Utah.

I believe Jace Whiting is the son of Burley's head coach, Trent Whiting, a former USA Today all-American while at Kuna High. He played at Utah under Rick Majerus and later transferred to BYU...

Good to know. So do we still have another one to give? By my calculations with legardy officially off the board we should correct? Skippy you said bill had a plan in place for this if I’m correct is that still accurate? And if so what is said plan? On a side note I saw a tweet from new Ast Taylor who said he was reminded as he was recruiting how good the guys at home were....I for one loved that. We do have tremendous talent. (Especially at the guard spot) don’t know yet about the newbies but wel soon find out. With that said. Knowing Novak left and what a huge void that is. What is a reasonable amount of wins for bill to be extended? Or is this going to be one of those years where admin says goodbye in December like they did with Obrien? I worry bc these guards who I feel are so gifted can follow Novak’s lead and grad transfer correct? Tbh I wouldn’t mind a “Jeff Linder” taking over but not at the cost of losing these guys. It would take too long. Imo. Enlighten me fellas!

The grad transfer situation is now a fact of life in college basketball. North Dakota for example just lost one of their better players to Gonzaga.

Having a good relationship with a coach or coaches helps but doesn't mitigate the possibility of talented kids leaving. Playing time could be part of it, a chance to measure yourself against "better" competition, perhaps a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament. The reasons are to numerous to lay out.

It is what it is. Personally I wouldn't worry about ISU kids leaving in the future, if it happens, it happens. You can't stop it and basically you can't control it. You do the best you can to establish a good relationship with a player, you hope they show some loyalty and let the chips fall where they may.

Besides as has been pointed out in the past, and it does have a ring of truth to it...basketball coaches leave at the drop of a hat contract be dammed. Athletes look at that situation and think, "why can't I?" just like any other college student, especially since they have already graduated which is a requirement for being a grad-transfer.

Perhaps the best way to insulate yourself against this happening is to start winning games, that usually cures all issues from attendance to booster money to dissatisfied athletes. (I know easier said then done sometimes...)

PBP

Excellent point about winning games. That happens we don’t lose guys as often most likely. But I guess my real question was two fold in this manner (bc I will always worry about grad transfers even tho we can’t control it and as a side note I heard from a returning player that Novak would not have left if the former staff would have returned which as pbp pointed out coaches bail with no repercussions) what is the back up plan for losing legardy? And what is... if any the number of wins for bill to be safe?

Per Verbal Commits, ISU has offered James Keefe, a 6-9 F from Pacific Palisades, Ca., a 2019 recruit.

Is this just new info? I can’t believe the plan for legardy not making grades is a big kid who won’t be a bengal (potentially at the earliest) for 2019/20. But I did see online hilites of this kid and he seems to have potential!

bengal37 said:
Is this just new info? I can’t believe the plan for legardy not making grades is a big kid who won’t be a bengal (potentially at the earliest) for 2019/20. But I did see online hilites of this kid and he seems to have potential!

I don’t know what the backup plan is to fill the final scholarship. We shall see.

Does anyone have a preview or ideal of what next years schedule is going to be. I would like to know the non-conference schedule time & dates location.

The conference has been having major issues on getting the schools to agree on a schedule. 11 teams doesn't work very well. I've been told they have offered over 80 different preliminary schedules for the men & women and all have been rejected.

Was told they were supposed to be voting on the latest schedule proposal yesterday but haven't heard how the vote came out.

Until the conference schedule is set I assume some parts of a schools non-conference schedule may still be a work in progress or the schools are waiting until the conference schedules are set then release everything at the same time

PBP

Latest posts

Back