• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Two questions from Cub.

bengalcub

1. How much interest is there on this board for recruiting profiles like I did last year?

I am not sure if Frank plans on doing something similar to what was done last year. I know that it has been mentioned. I do not wish to double the effort. Does ISU plan on doing this?

Please understand that I am not fishing for a compliments--but doing profiles takes a ton of time. I mean a ton of time. I am willing to do it if the interest is there. I want to know who wants em'. This will motivate me to keep on keeping on. I need a little kick in the ass every now and again.

2. Can someone get a copy of the ISU recruiting DVD--because I know that TigerPaws can find a way to post it on the site. I would like someone to commit to getting a copy of this DVD. Can anyone make that contribution?

I have been critical of Coach Zamberlin at times. However, I really believe that the staff has done another excellent job recruiting. I do not believe that ISU can fill all the holes in one off-season---but this has been one helluva an effort. A handful of Idaho kids...some help on both lines and some drastically needed speed. Also, the mass exodus of student athletes leaving the program has turned into something that appears to be manageable.

Anyhow, I have been critical at times--but right now I choose to be complimentary. The last two classes have been excellent. I am starting to see some depth in the program.

They are supposed to give me the recruiting DVD once it is done....I didn't post it last year due to the music issues, but I have a way to get around that now...I'll be interested to see how fast they get me a copy actually. Sometimes it seems like they skip my office for stuff like that.

ISUSID

Answer from Superfan:

There's no interest on this site. It's dead. Completely dead. Like the Mines of Moria after the Dwarves sealed the western doors after the Balrog came and killed Durin. Like Gator Nation and the LA Coliseum. Like me Sunday mornings every once in a very long while having consumed much liquid courage and many prayers said to the Porcelain God.

:lol:

cub

speaking only for myself - i actually love those - please keep them coming

and thanks for the effort and hard work

bengalcub said:
1. How much interest is there on this board for recruiting profiles like I did last year?

I am not sure if Frank plans on doing something similar to what was done last year. I know that it has been mentioned. I do not wish to double the effort. Does ISU plan on doing this?

Please understand that I am not fishing for a compliments--but doing profiles takes a ton of time. I mean a ton of time. I am willing to do it if the interest is there. I want to know who wants em'. This will motivate me to keep on keeping on. I need a little kick in the ass every now and again.

2. Can someone get a copy of the ISU recruiting DVD--because I know that TigerPaws can find a way to post it on the site. I would like someone to commit to getting a copy of this DVD. Can anyone make that contribution?

I have been critical of Coach Zamberlin at times. However, I really believe that the staff has done another excellent job recruiting. I do not believe that ISU can fill all the holes in one off-season---but this has been one helluva an effort. A handful of Idaho kids...some help on both lines and some drastically needed speed. Also, the mass exodus of student athletes leaving the program has turned into something that appears to be manageable.

Anyhow, I have been critical at times--but right now I choose to be complimentary. The last two classes have been excellent. I am starting to see some depth in the program.

It was great last year, and would be great to see again! Thanks very much.

If you have the time, Cub, I'd love to see them as well. It's a great way to "meet the players," and it helps build some excitement for the upcoming season.

Thanks for all of the recruiting info you have provided, Cub! This has been the best place, once again, to get all of the information on new recruits!

Cub, definitely keep them coming...you do an awesome job and I know you spend lots and lots of time...I would love to see one on each recruit...They get me excited and I am with you I am going to be positive and it looks like they have done an excellent job recruiting (they had a lot of spots to fill). I am not going off about more Idaho they did what they needed to do. I am really excited about the new OC!

tuffgong said:
Speak for yourself, leperchaun.. I LOVE the recruit bio's..! Keep it up!

Leprachaun? B!tch, I'm Norwegian/Germanic by heritage. Yeah I have some Irish/Celt in me but mostly I'm Scandinavian.

And I wasn't saying the bio's aren't cool (I loved them) I was just pointing out why would you want to do them when this site gets like 3 posts in one month?

Demand just doesn't seem very high to me because you guys never discuss anything on this site anymore. What I'd give for a flame war or something.

flame war?

okay - hows this - go blow your ohio state loving horn up someone elses **$% and lor sucks too

hows that? ;)

well... i tried.... its off season for football thats why posting is down..... it will pick up just as soon as there is news/changes/scandal (nothing like a coach ordering some drive thru while 'riding dirty' to liven up a fan board) on the horizon

Cub, you know what to do! Get it started. It adds another dimension to knowing who we have on the field and in our community. Go get em!

Cub:
Your work last year was superb. If doing the bios doesn't jeopardize your job or family relationships, GO FOR IT!

I appreciate all the digging about football recruits you've done, Cub, along with all the other contributors to this site. For fans like me, who like to have the info but don't know how to get it, your work has really helped me get excited about the coming football season. I think it's helped pull the Bengal Community together. Others have done some digging, too, so it's been an excellent collaborative effort. Thanks to all! Keep it coming!

Handling all the sports I handle doesn't afford me the chance to do what Cub does, but honestly, I kinda like it as well!

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back