• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tyler Kuder-Green Bay

Franko

Tyler Kuder to the Green Bay Packers is very interesting. It’s the same team that gave Evan Smith a chance to make it in the NFL, and the Pack have had the same general manager (Ted Thompson) for a decade. At least we know he’s not afraid of small-school guys from Pocatello, Idaho.

But what got me excited for Kuder about and his opportunity specifically with the Packers was a podcast, “The Ringer’s NFL Show” with Robert Mays and Kevin Clark. Kuder wasn’t drafted, of course, but check out what Clark had to say about Green Bay and its draft …

Clark: “The Green Bay Packers won the draft.”

“You draft freak athletes and figure out the rest later. … (Kenny) Clark (UCLA), Jason Spriggs (Indiana), Kyler Fackrell out of Utah State, 245 pounds, who can move. Dean Lowry, 296 pounds, out of Northwestern. He can move. Trevor Davis is a freak. All of these guys, Blake Martinez (Stanford), all of these guys have incredible measurables. A lot of them were productive. Spriggs, I know there’s questions about whether he’s just a workout guy. But I’m OK taking the workout guy, getting coached up.

“I’ve spent a lot of time around the Packers, Robert. And they’re so good at being teachers and figuring out and manufacturing these athletes into actual players. And the way they are technicians and the way they can get guys to, ‘OK, don’t put your eyes here. Put your eyes in the backfield.’ Very minute things that I’ve heard coaches talk about there, they’re really good. And they’re unlike any staff in the NFL in that regard. They’re going to develop these guys, and I think Ted Thompson knows that. So I think they had the perfect draft for the team they have.”

Kuder fits the mold for what Clark is describing. In the Journal Sentinel, Kuder is listed at 6-3, 307 pounds, with a 5.23 40 and 31 reps on the bench press. Via ISU Bengals dot com, Green Bay signed Kuder with the intention that he’ll play nose tackle. But couldn’t we see Kuder shifting over to the offensive line if Green Bay asks? Along that line of thinking, Robert Mays (who did not bring up this point in regard to Kuder, who they did not discuss) mentioned that he believes four out of the five starting offense linemen for Green Bay have their contracts coming up in a year.

So whether we’re talking NT, offensive line or Thompson’s (extremely brief) history with Idaho State, Green Bay seems like the ideal landing spot for ISU’s best defensive player the past couple seasons. Here’s hoping he catches the moment and has a long, successful pro career.

Kuder's "semi" hometown newspaper, the Ontario (OR) Argus Observer, featured a nice story on him yesterday...

Within the first minute after the draft ended, Tyler Kuder received a call from his San Diego-based agent, who informed the young lineman of an offer from the Green Bay Packers. Kuder and the agent discussed it just long enough to conclude it was a good opportunity, and Kuder took down the Packers contact’s phone number. Kuder then made the call to sew things up.

Perhaps only 20 minutes had elapsed since the draft ended, and he was already an NFL player through free agency.

To the group gathered to support him, he announced what had happened. Then he turned to another, more important item on his agenda.

He proposed marriage to his girlfriend, Lindsey Schroeder, a Bliss, Idaho, resident who is nearing completion of her master’s degree in athletic administration at ISU.

“There was probably six of us that knew” of Kuder’s proposal plan, Randy Kuder said. “He dropped to his knees and proposed to Lindsey. She almost fainted. He grabbed her and she said yes right immediately. ... It was quite a deal.”

Read more: Argus Observer: Kuder heads out for NFL Career

Latest posts

Back