• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

U. of North Dakota officially drops nickname and logo

votb

After a public vote in June...the Univ. of North Dakota made it official today. Here's an email from their Athletic Media Relations Department:

Subject: University of North Dakota nickname & logo

As another sports year approaches, I would like to give you an update on University of North Dakota Athletics and the use of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

With the vote of the State of North Dakota on June 12, 2012, and at the direction of the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education, UND will no longer use either the Fighting Sioux nickname or logo.

Please refer to our athletics teams only as the University of North Dakota, North Dakota, or UND, and please use the attached image as the official logo of the UND Athletics Department. Variations of the attached logo can be provided upon request for use on color-specific backgrounds.

Best regards,

Jayson Hajdu

Assistant Athletics Director, Media Relations

University of North Dakota

Interestingly...they apparently do not now have a school mascot...or nickname...unless they're choosing one later. It might not be long before the P.C. Police and animal rights activists demand we drop the name "Bengals". Someone's probably already thought of it and is figuring out how to get things started.

votb, Damn, I was thinking the very same thing as I read the article. Then I get down to the bottom and you left me nothing to say. Except this: if the animal activist do get involved do you know how many schools it would affect across the United States? We shouldn't even talk about it because there is sure to be a liberal that will want to take action, huh?

Bandit & votb - you two are either the most pathetic example of Bengal fans on this forum, or ISU needs to relocate to the deep south. My hope is the former.

dumb-and-dumber-o.gif

Bandit said:
We shouldn't even talk about it because there is sure to be a liberal that will want to take action, huh?

Seriously? Why bring shit like this to a fan board?

I don't care if you're left, right, LDS, satanic, whatever. There are places where I can go read about politics or religion or whatever else, and people can take all the potshots at each other that they want to. When I get on a sport message board, I want to read about ISU sports and the other Big Sky teams. Leave your antagonistic ways at the login box. Or else have BengalCub create another forum where people can talk about that.

:twocents:

scooter - please refrain from bad mouthing votb - he is a a damn fine bengal fan

votb matters

you don't

as for bandit fire away
(imho - bandit = douche)

spartan said:
scooter - please refrain from bad mouthing votb - he is a a damn fine bengal fan

votb matters

you don't

as for bandit fire away
(imho - bandit = douche)

Probably right - maybe votb's comment was tongue in cheek. Your comment about me not mattering, now that's interesting! How exactly does someone ever matter if they don't agree with the scribes that matter?

spartan said:
i suspect you suffer from the dunning–kruger effect

you have 7 posts - shut up and go away

I find a person learns a great deal more by watching and listening than spitting opinions for the sake of being heard - and for what it's worth, I find the Bengal forum refreshing in terms of the passionate but objective fan support and expectations within the program - a far cry from egriz for example.

Spartan, I would be happy to get my post count up if that would please your highness, but I don't think that's really your issue. Is it?

votb, Don't you feel sorry for those poor souls?? I have no idea why votb posted the article, but why does it bother you others so much. There's is nothing in any of it that bad mouths ISU. It is a known fact that certain groups have tried to stop schools from using a Native American mascot or nick name for some time. Get over it. If you didn't like the post, why did you read it and since when do we need your permission to post an opinion, plus, who appointed any of you to be the judge and jury. If it's more than you can bear then you ask whoever, to provide a political section or they can refuse to except a post. Political correctness, WOW! :rofl: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Bengal cub, I appreciate that and I can comply. I just didn't see anything that labeled us as "pathetic bengal fans". All we are saying is that it will be a sorry day if we can't refer to ISU as The Idaho State Bengals. I wish it was more complicated than that, but it isn't. I'm 8-) !

I feel the hugs and apologize for maybe overreacting. Like I mentioned above, I really enjoy this forum and would hate to see it resort to an egriz pissing match. Good luck this season, and make the Big Sky proud on Oct. 27th & Nov 17th !

Latest posts

Back