• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Unavailabilities for OSU

What players are unavailable to play for the Oregon State Game? I know Kramer does not like to talk about player unavailabilities for upcoming games but the fans should know who is not suiting up so they do not have to wonder why certain players are not suited up before kick off? Are any players out with injuries from the past 2 games?

We have a sideline injury report towards the end of the pregame show shortly before the kick off. It's based on what we know and what Mike has told Jerry Miller during the taped pregame interview.

As of kickoff before the Colorado game there guys were "unavailable":

Reynolds (year), Williams (year), Fineanganofo, Collins and Abbott.

Mike's weekly press conference isn't until Wednesday noon so we'll see what he says about it tomorrow. Since we haven't seen him or anybody from the football side there's no way to know if anybody got seriously hurt in the CU game.

PBP

Madison Guernsey posted the two deep depth chart for oregon state game on Twitter and he states it's the exact same two deep depth chart as last week vs Colorado. Hopefully that is confirmation that we didn't not lose anybody to injury vs Colorado

up for the challenge said:
when are the Three OL starters due back in the lineup? What is going on with them?

I'm hearing it's possible two of them could be ready, note I said could, for the Sacramento State game.

We'll see.

PBP

demian said:
Madison Guernsey posted the two deep depth chart for oregon state game on Twitter and he states it's the exact same two deep depth chart as last week vs Colorado. Hopefully that is confirmation that we didn't not lose anybody to injury vs Colorado
I wouldn't take the two deeps too seriously. As the season goes on and the injuries mount, they are about as valuable as the two-deeps Colorado issued this week for the Michigan game. (Google it, you'll enjoy their SID's sense of humor).

Based on what Kramer said at the end of todays Skyline show, all 3 OLs will be back in the coming weeks, just not this week. That's awesome news for our pass, rush and QB game. Let's hope it's Sac State because we need to come out of that game with a W!!

Skippy said:
demian said:
I wouldn't take the two deeps too seriously. As the season goes on and the injuries mount, they are about as valuable as the two-deeps Colorado issued this week for the Michigan game. (Google it, you'll enjoy their SID's sense of humor).

Haha good point. Thanks for the headsup. They probably just have some graduate assistant copy and paste the two deep depth chart every week lol .

In his weekly media conference, Mike said Peoples and Hayes are both out this week. He said Fineanganofo, Collins and Abbott continue to be unavailable this week, but he expects them back "in the next couple of weeks."

Looking through my Oregon State notes today and found this which I thought would be of interest:

"The OSU Athletic Communications Office abides by federal law pertaining to the releasing of injury information. OSU will not disseminate any information about a student-athletes' injury without written consent. The only information given to the media will be if a student-athlete is "probable," "questionable" or "doubtful" to play."

PBP

Unavailable, probable, questionable, or doubtful are words used by the head coach to the media if the head coach wants too. Some coaches will tell the media and other coaches will not tell the media. Up to the head coach. Sometimes, there are other reasons besides injuries why a player is unavailable but those reasons do not need to be advertised to the media just like a type of injury does not need to be explained to the media.

Unavailable, probable, questionable, or doubtful are words used by the head coach to the media if the head coach wants too. Some coaches will tell the media and other coaches will not tell the media. Up to the head coach. Sometimes, there are other reasons besides injuries why a player is unavailable but those reasons do not need to be advertised to the media just like a type of injury does not need to be explained to the media.

I agree with you. My point being that I don't think it's that important for the media or the fan base to know exactly who can play, who can't or why they are or are not. Some folks in this thread if you read their comments were saying that the fan base should know so they won't be wondering.

Not to disrespect anyone but it's not important for the fans to know (unless they are trying to wager LOL), it's only important for the coaches and team to know....and as I said there are laws regarding this as OSU clearly states in their notes.

PBP

It is not that important but fans are often wondering or asking why a player(s) are not playing in a game or when a player(s) will be returning from their unavailability. I like the 3 freshmen OL getting some game experience for example but many viewers are wondering or asking questions when our original 3 starting OL will be ready to return to their starting OL roles. Are they practicing to get back to 100 percent or are they not practicing? Fans like feedback about their team.

It is not that important but fans are often wondering or asking why a player(s) are not playing in a game or when a player(s) will be returning from their unavailability. I like the 3 freshmen OL getting some game experience for example but many viewers are wondering or asking questions when our original 3 starting OL will be ready to return to their starting OL roles. Are they practicing to get back to 100 percent or are they not practicing? Fans like feedback about their team.
It's a technicality, I know, but Dallin Collins is the only freshman who has been starting on the OL. Jones and Miedema are redshirt sophomores who had not started games prior to this season.

You are right Skippy. Thank you for the correction. I think the three of them have been doing a good job at OL as Kramer has always talked about 1000 reps or whatever he said in practice before they are considered experienced veterans. I do not buy it. Some freshmen and sophomores are better than juniors and seniors. I do believe in starting all Seniors
on Senior Day at Holt Arena as they earned that respect especially if the game is not for a playoff position.

Up:

Well Mike specifically has been saying for the past two weeks that two of the three linemen should be back "soon." I'm hearing the Sac State game.

PBP

Latest posts

Back