• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Update on Steve Shepp

skippy57.0

Fresno State has apparently entered the picture for the Cumberland JC PG, who has been offered by Idaho State I found this post on a JUCO message board:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fresno State has jumped on board. Coach Cleve flew across country for an in-home visit and offered last week. Shepp took an official visit this past weekend but no word yet on how the visit went. He was quoted as saying that he wasn't looking to rush into a decision yet. He's still waiting to see if any of the high majors show interest before making a committment. Unfortunately for Steve, his best offers have been from west coast teams which is good for teams like Fresno and Idaho St. Ultimately I think Steve will choose the team that plays the highest level of competition.

Some other PG's that ISU is looking at:

Antoine Branch
Coffeyville (KS) Coffeyville C.C.
6-0/190

Broderick Gilchrest (This guy played HS ball in Memphis)
Borger (TX) Frank Phillips C.C.
6-1/175

Mike Scott
Price (UT) College of Eastern Utah
6-0/175

Thanks, Cub. I see Gilchrest, who started is career at Middle Tenn. State, averaged 12.6 points and 5.8 assists a game in JC. Mike Scott averaged 8.5 points and 4.6 assists for CEU.

Shepp Update from Rivals...chances looking slim for Bengals.

Allegany College of Maryland point guard Steven Shepp was in Fresno this past weekend for an official visit. The Bulldogs are recruiting a point guard, and Shepp is atop their list. He says he enjoyed his trip, but did he like it enough to make a decision…

Steven Shepp (6-1, 180) led Allegany College of Maryland to the JUCO nationals this past season after sitting out as a redshirt last season because of an injury. The Virginia native will have his AA degree this spring and has three years of eligibility remaining.

He jumped on Fresno State head coach Steve Cleveland’s radar last month at the JUCO nationals in Hutchinson, Kansas. After a few weeks of trading phone calls, Coach Cleveland made an in-home visit to the Shepp home on April 10. And this past weekend, Shepp was in Fresno for his official recruiting visit.

“It went really well,” Shepp said of his visit. “Coach Cleveland and his coaching staff made me feel really comfortable on the visit and the same goes for the players.”

With basketball season over, Coach Cleveland took Shepp to a Fresno State football practice on Friday to get feel for university as part of his campus tour. He also attended the football scrimmage on Saturday with the Bulldog coaches. His host was Bulldog forward Sylvester Seay.

“Vester was a great host,” said Shepp. “He always had me laughing and having a good time.”

Despite having a great trip, Shepp is not ready to pull the trigger quite yet.

Fresno State was only his second trip – Gardner Webb his first – and the Bulldogs are his favorite among his early offers. However, he has not received any offers in the last week, and Shepp is holding out for any more suitors, possibly closer to home. He has stated he would like to play against the best competition as possible.

“I’m still going to take my time with things and also see what else could come my way,” said Shepp. “I am still wide open.

Shepp wound up signing with Fresno State. Probably a good move for him, he has three years left. I'm happy with Gilchrest, he seems like a very good fit for Idaho State.

Latest posts

Back