• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

updating the roster

homegrown

It is so great to be talking football!! When the boards were slow, and not much chatter going on, I found myself going back and and reaquainting myself with our current players by reading their bios from the roster. Can I say that whomever is in charge, really needs to make the effort to get current information!!!! I can imagine that it is a big job, but it is so important! It really needs some revamping and sprucing up. Their information should be updated, not just their picture!! I have to think that I am not the only one who has noticed this!! Give the players the information to fill out and turn in like a homework assignment or something. This is seen by so many people. It should look like something to be proud of, not an after thought. These boys work so hard, lets update their info and brag them up a bit. :D It should definately change from season to season. Maybe I am the only ISU FAN that notices???? GO BENGALS!!

Home:

I think what you are asking for is normally done over the summer to get ready for next season's media guide. I know information sheets are passed out to players when they get to school in early August.

In fairness, ISU has a small sports information department, basketball goes to the middle of March (in the case of the women), spring football some years has started literally almost immediately afterwards. There just doesn't seem to be the time or the manpower to do what you are asking for twice a year.

Not trying to make any excuses just that it's really a time consuming project. Those folks are doing the best that they can. They have two full time employees in that department trying to cover what, 13 sports.

New Mexico as a comparison has nine full time employees in their department. I understand UNM is a bigger school but they have nine people covering 19 sports compared to ISU's two (with some student help) trying to cover 13.

PBP

ISU's sports information department needs help. When Frank was there, results and stories popped on the site shortly after a game was over. Now it often takes hours and hours. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to other school's websites to get stories and results.

The excuse thing gets old, such as about rosters, because there are things that can be done to fix it. Like homegrown said, give some responsibility to each player about updating his/her information. Get some freakin' student interns in there! They can type in information, for crying out loud. I've said it before. There are many students who would love to put this experience on a resume.

Look at some sports like track and field. The pictures for some participants are a year or more old. Some of the freshmen still don't have any descriptions written for them. Seriously, this is beyond excusable.

Start acting like a division I athletic department.

Sash:

They do have some part time student interns and did even when Frank was still there.

PBP

Latest posts

Back