• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Vandals and Big Sky Discuss Idaho's Return

clawsout

saw it in the twin falls paper (magic vallet dot com).....would someone who is more adept than i (that would be any of you i know)...please post the article over here.....my point would be IF the vandals come back...ISU better fight to be one of their "rivals" and get them on a yearly basis....they would probably want montana...but we should be the second....and i believe the big sky gives each school two....anyone else's thoughts?.....thanks for posting the article over ....

If Idaho comes back into the Big Sky, which looks pretty good at this point, then I would expect them and Weber to be our rivals which we'd play every year. My only concern is that they've done a fair job with upgrading their facilities in their efforts to try to compete at the 1-A level. And then we'd have to spend at least $10 million or so to try to keep up, otherwise they'd definitely have a recruiting advantage. I think that what may happen is, that they may try to compete at the 1-A level as a FB independent for a few years, and then just go ahead and put all their olympic sports in the Big Sky, as it seems like a much more stable conference than the WAC.

I think that if Idaho joins the Sky there will be 14 members, the Sky will split into two 7 team divisions a west/east or Mountain Pacific conference. So the two rivalries might not even exist anymore.

I like the idea of a Mountain/Pacific shake up

Mountain

Idaho
Idaho State
North Dakota
Montana
Montana State
Northern Colorado
Weber State

Pacific

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Portland State
Southern Utah
Northern Arizona
Sacramento State
UC Davis

Here is the link

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/idaho-big-sky-discuss-a-vandal-return/article_1c62d488-9880-11e1-9b5a-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the original story in the Idaho Statesman

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/05/07/bmurphy/big_sky_commissioner_idahos_situation_top_fcs_healthier_bottom_f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wildcat, I Like how you set up your divisions. With one exception. I can't imagine that Weber, Idaho State and Southern Utah would not be in the same division. Several years ago SUU and ISU had some heated games that seemed to be building a budding rivalry. A battle between Northern and Southern Utah seems Natural. As Far as a Northern and Southern Idaho Connection, Idaho left the Big Sky a long time ago, they can be placed in the Pacific division and it would not affect our program one bit. Your Division makes the most sense, but I would like to see Weber, ISU, and SUU in the same Division.

IFBengalfan98 said:
Wildcat, I Like how you set up your divisions. With one exception. I can't imagine that Weber, Idaho State and Southern Utah would not be in the same division. Several years ago SUU and ISU had some heated games that seemed to be building a budding rivalry. A battle between Northern and Southern Utah seems Natural. As Far as a Northern and Southern Idaho Connection, Idaho left the Big Sky a long time ago, they can be placed in the Pacific division and it would not affect our program one bit. Your Division makes the most sense, but I would like to see Weber, ISU, and SUU in the same Division.

I could see moving Idaho over to the Pacific division, but I dont think the University of Montana would be too happy if both Idaho and EWU were not in thier division, and we all know the conf strides to make Montana happy, and since Idaho would be closer to UM I put them in the Mountain Division, trust me I would love to see SUU in the same division as Weber in this kind of scenario. I am really happy that Weber has both of thier rivals ISU and SUU on the schedule every year now. :nod: Especially now since Weber and ISU are playing each other on the LAST WEEKEND :clap:

Thanks Wildcat, Rivalrys are what make college sports go (unless you are part of the BCS, then it is purely about money) I also look forward to the games against Weber and SUU. Good luck on the upcoming season, it should be more competitive than at has been in a long time, How fun for all of us if it is.

IFBengalfan98 said:
Thanks Wildcat, Rivalrys are what make college sports go (unless you are part of the BCS, then it is purely about money) I also look forward to the games against Weber and SUU. Good luck on the upcoming season, it should be more competitive than at has been in a long time, How fun for all of us if it is.

Cant wait for the season myself, even trying to talk myself into taking a couple of road trips this year, one to Cedar City and one to Pocatello :nod:

I wish ISU the best of luck too, even if we are rivals :thumb:

Hey Wildcat, you're going to have a former Poky High player playing for you this year. Tanner Moore has signed to play for Weber and I think you'll be very happy with what he'll do. I suspect he'll see playing time this year as a true freshman at fullback. No one will work harder or give more than Tanner - I think he's a perfect example of what a D-1 player should be. Enjoy - wish he were here.

bengalguy said:
Hey Wildcat, you're going to have a former Poky High player playing for you this year. Tanner Moore has signed to play for Weber and I think you'll be very happy with what he'll do. I suspect he'll see playing time this year as a true freshman at fullback. No one will work harder or give more than Tanner - I think he's a perfect example of what a D-1 player should be. Enjoy - wish he were here.

Yeah I remember reading about this kid, he sounds like he is a great hardworking individual, and I cant wait to see what he can do on the field :nod:

Latest posts

Back