• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Vandals Ranked 114

Something to be proud of. Look on the bright side Vandal fans you are not 120 and at least you get to play D-1 football. Notice the rest of the WAC on the bottom of the list. WAC=Worst Athletic Conference.
link http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1233107&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As opposed to the Bengals fcs rating? The Vandals may not be ranked by rivals very high, but if they're above .500, they are at least eligible for post season play. Unfortunately, ISU could go undefeated and they still wouldn't make the playoffs. I think the Vandals are going to surprise people this year, they may not win the WAC, but I think they'll be in the top 3, and will probably go bowling again.

ISU could learn a lot from Idaho. WIn or lose, Vandals fans support their team. ISU fans don't do that for the most part. It's nice to see Coach Kramer taking a page from Coach Akey's book and try to get people excited about the Bengals. I love both teams, but U of I's athletic teams get much better support from their fans, alumni, and their school than ISU's teams get from their respective fans, alumni, and school.

Vandals/Bengals-

Over the last few years I've bagged on Southeast Idaho for its lack of support for ISU. Those attacks were once fiery denouncements of the region in general, and Pocatello specifically. Over time, to about the 08-09 season, I calmed down. Took up rugby. Got accepted into my program of study. I still had some feelings about Pocatello and its hopping on the BSU Bus, but came to accept that the population in general was one mountain this diehard could not move. Instead, I realized that despite all the shit we've dealt with over the years: the poor play, the poorer morale, the waves of (funnily enough) anger and apathy...despite all that's happened to ISU in what many consider the darkest years since the late 90's, there has always been that core of diehard and loyal Bengal fans, people who's considerable heart they put into ISU by is far greater than I could ever conceive of doing, people who have been diehards and Orangebloods since I was but a newborn in Ohio. That core of diehards, numbering a healthy 6,000 or so every football game even during the Zamberlin Era's darkest periods, forms the nucleus of ISU Pride. And they shall always be there, in times of greatness when Holt Arena once again knows the sounds of 12,000, and in times of dire need, when Holt is near empty and you have to whisper to carry on conversations.

It's fine to get at Pocatello and prod it to support ISU more, but as I've learned over the years, that loyal contingent is stronger and more supportive than you would think, Vandals/Bengals. More so than Idaho at times.

Latest posts

Back