• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

VERY early two-deeps

Skippy

With the dust still settling from signing day (and, no doubt, more comings and goings ahead), here is a VERY early look at ISU's two-deeps. I haven't talked to Mike Kramer for awhile, so I am not up on kids who may have left the program since the end of the season (except for those who, um, we're asked to leave). And I'm sure there will be additions between now and Aug. 1. But just for fun, here's what we have so far in the way of returners. I'm sure some of the incoming freshmen will break into the two-deeps, I just have no clue who those are right now.

Offense

QB--Kevin Yost, Justin Arias (potential redshirt?), Brad Kragthorpe. (Expecting the young man from Salmon who signed a couple of years ago to return from his mission -- a likely redshirt).
RB--Jarrod Daniels, Aaron Prier. (GREAT opportunity here for the new guys to get some reps).
WR--Luke Austin, Derek Graves, Rod Rumble, backed up by Cam Richmond, Anthony Boyles, Seth Johnson and Dan McSurdy. (Again, good opportunity for a youngster or two to get reps.)
TE: Josh Hill. Backups: Mitch Beckstead. (Opportunity here for a frosh or a position changer -- perhaps greyshirt Tyler Wright).
Tackles--Brad Shedd (health pending), with Nick Beckman and Eric Jacobson competing for the other starting job. Backups: Christian Diehm redshirt. Travis Nomahala, greyshirt. Freshmen definitely have a chance to get on the two-deeps here.
Guards--Josh Culter (health pending), Jim Bagley. Backups: Jon Van Vliet, Sage Warner and one or two of the frosh.
Center--Mark Clampitt. Backup: Van Vliet and a frosh.

Defense

End--Jake Rouser. Backups: Austin Graves, redshirt Tyler Graves.
Nose--Austin Baker. Backups: Kimo Makuala (if healthy), redshirts Richie Te'o and Chris Edwards.
Anchor: James Bergren. Backups: Leki Fuapau (if healthy), David Forrester and Derek Berrey.

ILBS--Jake Pele and Demetrius Allen. Backups: Ethan Monroe, (maybe Berrey moves here?)
OLBs--Trevor Spence and Phil Pleasant (if healthy). Backups: Keelan McCaffrey, redshirts Taylor Reagan, Tyler Myers.

CBs--Donovan Henley and Jon Davidson. Backups: Brandon Ghassemieh (if healthy), greyshirt Patrick Carter, Nate Weber, Michael Berger, opportunities for a frosh (Prier moves back to DB?)
Safeties--Tanner Davis and Ed Pritchett. Backups: Cam Gupton (if healthy), Christian Gines, great opportunity for frosh. (Note: Cody Sorenson probably out for the season, still recovering from injury last year).

K--Brendon Garcia. Backup--Redshirt Erik Pew.
P--Yost (out of the rugby formation), or C.J. Reyes.
LS--Eric Jacobson. Backup: David Forrester or a frosh.

Returners: Wide open opportunities here.

Skippy....what happened to a freshman from hawai'i....i think his name was duke butowski (sp)?....wasn't he supposed to be a pretty good receiver?.....

Bukoski left at the semester. He was apparently homesick and had aspirations of walking on at Hawaii.

I don't think that Tanner Davis will be getting much time for the Bengals this year, either.. With him and Melendez gone, I look for ISU to get markedly BETTER..

tuffgong said:
I don't think that Tanner Davis will be getting much time for the Bengals this year, either.. With him and Melendez gone, I look for ISU to get markedly BETTER..

Davis is gone? Why don't you think he will be getting much time?

Just my early prediction...

QB - Yost, Arias or Kragthorpe
RB - Daniels, Finney
WR - Rumble, Richmond
WR - Austin, Reaves
WR - D. Graves, Campbell
WR - Hill (TE), McSurdy
LT - Jacobson, Prestesater
LG - Van Vliet, Abbott
C - Clampitt, Warner
RG - Bagley, Wingrove
RT - Beckman, Diehm

DL - Rouser, T. Graves
DL - Forrester, Vae'ena
DL - A. Graves, Bergren
LB - Ragan, Berrey
LB - Pele, McCaffrey
LB - Allen, Beckstead
LB - Spence, Carter
CB - Henley, Berger
CB - Prier, Perkins
S - Pritchett, Manu
S - Davis, Lemer

Sniper and skippy see a few things differently. Curios to see how things end up. I personally would like to see those true freshmen that lost their redshirts get the opportunity for some real playing time and earn some of those starting positions. Fingers crossed that the injured players will be back strong and ready to play!

One thing I do know, it will do great things for our community to see some of our local boys play together again. This could really help with the crowd support! :clap: GO BENGALS!

I believe we will be in a base 4 man front this year. Also people are forgetting Leki Fuapau (this guy will be a beast if healthy), Pleseant ,Gupton and Boyles in their 2 deep. Boyles is a corner now I believe.

I agree with isubengalfan.. Fuapau, Pleasant, Gupton, and Boyles will all be in 2-deep. Davis WILL not. Homegrown, the single thing that will help with attendance, is winning.. People by and large don't care where the players are from as much as they care about them winning. It is cool to have lots of new local talent, don't get me wrong.

isubengalfan said:
I believe we will be in a base 4 man front this year. Also people are forgetting Leki Fuapau (this guy will be a beast if healthy), Pleseant ,Gupton and Boyles in their 2 deep. Boyles is a corner now I believe.

Gupton is never healthy, lacks size, and is not physical. Pleasant has never had much of a position - he's been a CB, S, LB, and RB when he's not injured. It would surprise me if he or Gupton were a part of Kramer's plan for this season. I've heard how good Fuapau is for a couple years, but I've never seen it. Vae'ena was great as a rFr, he could play before Fuapau and even start. Also glad to hear Boyles might be a CB, he disappointed last year at WR.

As for Tanner Davis, I think the job is his to lose. But I hear Kramer was not happy with the play of our safeties last year and wanted to upgrade the position through recruiting. Davis, Pritchett, Manu and Lemer could all see time as starters. Davis needs to show up ready to fight for his job.

Skippy said:
With the dust still settling from signing day (and, no doubt, more comings and goings ahead), here is a VERY early look at ISU's two-deeps. I haven't talked to Mike Kramer for awhile, so I am not up on kids who may have left the program since the end of the season (except for those who, um, we're asked to leave). And I'm sure there will be additions between now and Aug. 1. But just for fun, here's what we have so far in the way of returners. I'm sure some of the incoming freshmen will break into the two-deeps, I just have no clue who those are right now.

Offense

QB--Kevin Yost, Justin Arias (potential redshirt?), Brad Kragthorpe. (Expecting the young man from Salmon who signed a couple of years ago to return from his mission -- a likely redshirt).
RB--Jarrod Daniels, Aaron Prier. (GREAT opportunity here for the new guys to get some reps).
WR--Luke Austin, Derek Graves, Rod Rumble, backed up by Cam Richmond, Anthony Boyles, Seth Johnson and Dan McSurdy. (Again, good opportunity for a youngster or two to get reps.)
TE: Josh Hill. Backups: Mitch Beckstead. (Opportunity here for a frosh or a position changer -- perhaps greyshirt Tyler Wright).
Tackles--Brad Shedd (health pending), with Nick Beckman and Eric Jacobson competing for the other starting job. Backups: Christian Diehm redshirt. Travis Nomahala, greyshirt. Freshmen definitely have a chance to get on the two-deeps here.
Guards--Josh Culter (health pending), Jim Bagley. Backups: Jon Van Vliet, Sage Warner and one or two of the frosh.
Center--Mark Clampitt. Backup: Van Vliet and a frosh:
Defense

End--Jake Rouser. Backups: Austin Graves, redshirt Tyler Graves.
Nose--Austin Baker. Backups: Kimo Makuala (if healthy), redshirts Richie Te'o and Chris Edwards.
Anchor: James Bergren. Backups: Leki Fuapau (if healthy), David Forrester and Derek Berrey.

ILBS--Jake Pele and Demetrius Allen. Backups: Ethan Monroe, (maybe Berrey moves here?)
OLBs--Trevor Spence and Phil Pleasant (if healthy). Backups: Keelan McCaffrey, redshirts Taylor Reagan, Tyler Myers.

CBs--Donovan Henley and Jon Davidson. Backups: Brandon Ghassemieh (if healthy), greyshirt Patrick Carter, Nate Weber, Michael Berger, opportunities for a frosh (Prier moves back to DB?)
Safeties--Tanner Davis and Ed Pritchett. Backups: Cam Gupton (if healthy), Christian Gines, great opportunity for frosh. (Note: Cody Sorenson probably out for the season, still recovering from injury last year).

K--Brendon Garcia. Backup--Redshirt Erik Pew.
P--Yost (out of the rugby formation), or C.J. Reyes.
LS--Eric Jacobson. Backup: David Forrester or a frosh.

Returners: Wide open opportunities here.
This is from homegrown. I hope you are right about your choice for the gaurd posistions. They both are true freshmen that lost their redshirts. those boys came into a tough spot with all of those injured linemen and did a good job for them. I hope they both get alot of time on that new turf. Good luck boys!

Do you think Coach Kramer will establish a running game this upcoming season? I personally would like to see 50% passing and 50% running the ball. What do you think?

I would like to see a 70% pass 30% run. Run the ball just enough to keep other teams honest and not dropping 6-8 back into coverage. We need 4 yards a down; I don’t care how we get them just get them. :twocents:

Latest posts

Back