• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Visiting ISU fans

Utes4Life

I'd like to welcome all the ISU fans coming to SLC for tomorrow's game. While many don't anticipate it being a close game, at least football is back. Here's to hoping for great weather, great competitors and no injuries. If you have any questions about SLC, the gameday experience or Utah football, I'd be happy to put in my 2 cents to help you out.

Go Utes

We are heading down tomorrow to cheer our son and the Bengals on. Just wondering where would be a good place to tailgate with some family that is coming down with us? We are so excited that football is finally here!!
Go Bengals!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/utah/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/parking-map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a map that shows parking and a general overview of the campus, the guardsman way lot and tailgate island are almost straight east of the stadium. They will be open for tailgating starting at 6am tomorrow morning, if you get a chance just wander through there is always good food and beverages to be had. If your just looking to do your thing with your friends and family you can setup in most any of the parking lots but that cant start until noon. Hope you have a great time tomorrow, it cant come soon enough!

nativespuds said:
We are heading down tomorrow to cheer our son and the Bengals on. Just wondering where would be a good place to tailgate with some family that is coming down with us? We are so excited that football is finally here!!
Go Bengals!

Welcome to Salt Lake, we hope you have an enjoyable stay. There are a few favorite tailgating spots I have that don't require passes. As Utesince84 said, the Guardsman lot is the main tailgating lot, but it does require a pass. Also, the entire street is lined with pass only tailgating on the grass areas. This is usually a very interesting place to visit and definitely something to walk through if you enjoy bevarages.

The is usually an opposing team tailgating tent (most likely put on by alumni associations) that are allowed to set up along Guardsman near the Smith Athletic Center. You could check with the school to see if they will be having something there.

One place that I especially enjoy is northeast of the stadium. On the map you can see a big open area between Wasatch Drive and Central Campus Road (between the blue and purple). You can pay to park in this lots and that open area is a large grassed spot. There will be other tailgating happening there, but it is not as packed as the main lot (and great for kids).

To avoid hills walking to and from the stadium, I'd suggest parking near the Merrill Engineering building. It is straight north from the stadium and while further away, it doesn't have any real climbs getting to and from Rice-Eccles.

Directly East of the stadium is the LDS Institute. Parking in this area is usually restricted to passes. However, there is a small lot near the Madsen Clinic that is free parking. There is an LDS church in that area that has a few grassy spots where people like to set up as well.

Another option for people attending the game is SLC's Trax system. A game ticket gets you a free ride on gameday and there is a stop just west of the stadium. The opponents seating is in the southwest corner of Rice-Eccles, so this option is great as it is a direct shot right to your seats. However, these trains get packed the closer it gets to kickoff and postgame rides make you feel like a herd of cattle being prodded into a pen.

One thing to note about seating. While game time temps should be in the mid 70's, visiting team seating is on the west side of the stadium and will have ZERO sun the entire game. It can get very cold on that side of the stadium. My tickets are on the east side, my parents on the west. It is not uncommon during the season that I'm in shorts and a tee getting a tan and they are in parka's and under blankets.

Enjoy the game

Latest posts

Back