• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WBB 2022-23 BSC Champs!!!

SDHornet

Staff member
The Hornets finish the season with a program record 22-7 (13-5 BSC) and earn a share of the Big Sky Championship for their first conference title in D1 history!

Amazing job by Campbell and his staff as these players were executing all season long. I honestly never thought I'd see a net cutting ceremony in the Nest. Amazing run this team is having. :clap: :notworthy:

https://twitter.com/SacStateWBB/status/1630429914779492352?cxt=HHwWgIDR2c_XuaAtAAAA

https://twitter.com/SacStateWBB/status/1631464435490643970?cxt=HHwWhIDT0dOQkKQtAAAA

And we're going to the Show!

3 Sac State (24-7, 15-5) qualified for the NCAA Tournament by knocking off 1 NAU (21-12, 15-5) 76-63 today!

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Isnelle Natabou was named to the All-Tournament Team, and Kahlaijah Dean was named MVP!

Wow, what a huge milestone for the program! From 3-22 just a couple years ago to going dancing. Awesome!

https://twitter.com/OrrMarkC/status/1633676786562383873

Great to see the WBB program ascend so quickly! If I'm not mistaken it's the first time they've made the March Madness tourney?

I seem to recall SD or someone else here predict that Mark Campbell would be able to accomplish something like this.

Now if David Patrick can get the MBB team to have a similar year 2 turnaround and both programs sustain the level success for a few years -- perhaps that could be the catalyst for finally getting something done WRT to an on-campus arena?

Anyway, congrats to the lady's for a fantastic season and tremendous accomplishment. Hopefully they make their mark in the BIG tourney.

I don’t recall making that prediction but I did agree with others that hiring Campbell was a great move by Orr. This team has been amazing all season with only one game on the schedule that the Hornets were overmatched in (SDSU). It’s not far-fetched to think this team could have seen 30 wins this season. This squad just went through the BSCT opponents like a hot knife through butter. Amazing to see this program going to the Dance just a few years after a 3 win season. What a ride, glad I splurged on the trip to Boise to see history being made.

BSCT Quarterfinal: 73-58 Hornet win over 6th seed Idaho. Hornets jump on the Vandals early and run out to an 11 point halftime lead. The Vandals pulled within 5 after the 3rd quarter but the Hornets dominated the 4th quarter and roll to a 15 point win as they led wire to wire. Dean (22 pts, 13 reb, 8 ast) and Natabou (22 pts, 10 reb) led the team in scoring and Peneueta (11 pts, 5 reb) made some huge shots from deep.

BSCT Semifinal: 60-42 Hornet win over 7th seed Portland State. PSU came into this game off of a huge blowout upset win over 2nd seed Montana State so they had a lot of momentum on their side. PSU kept it close in the first half as the Hornets struggled to make shots. In the 2nd half Natabou (23 pts, 11 reb) took over in the paint and the Hornets rolled to a big win. Dean (17 pts, 7 reb) had a big night as the Hornets held a hot perimeter shooting Vikings team to only 21% (3/14) from beyond the arc.

BSCT Championship: 76-63 Hornet win over 1st seed Northern Arizona. Hornets went out and just took the title as they started the game on an 8-0 run and never looked back in a dominating win. NAU got it as close as 9 in the 2nd half but the Hornets finished strong and secured their first trip to the Dance. Olivares (26 pts, 7 reb) and Randhawa (20 pts) had a career night in the most important game of their careers alongside a solid contribution from Dean (16 pts, 9 reb).

Dean earned BSCT MVP honors as both her and Natabou earned a spot on the BSCT team. Olivares was named Player of the Game for her heroic effort in the Championship game.

Amazing tournament. I think the biggest factor in this run in Boise was the tenacious defense. Opposing teams never really found their stride and couldn’t get big runs going. Offensively, the Hornet did what they did all season as various players stepped up when needed. A completely dominating performance at the BSCT. :clap: :notworthy:

https://twitter.com/SacStateWBB/status/1633616844786638848?cxt=HHwWgIDRya734qstAAAA

Latest posts

Back