• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

We better be ready for Western Oregon University week 1

demian

I don't know what anybody else think she but I think this is gonna be a very tough game. I was researching some stuff on internet about WOU because Im bored tonight. My opinion is this will be the best division 2 squad we have played in many years (at least since 2011, which is as far back as I looked on ISU former schedules). I know WOU was only 4-7 last year. They return there starting QB who is a dual threat run pass option type QB (those types of QB's caused us fits with edge contain last season), they return their leading running back, they return there best wide receiver who is regarded as the Wes Welker of division 2 he had over 1,000 yards receiving last season and led the country in punt returns last season with a 24 yard per punt return average. It sounds like he is a very good football player. They beat a Division 1 team last year ON THE ROAD (they beat Sacramento State last year in week 1). This is not Simon Fraser. Western Oregon has had a couple skill players play in the NFL recently and they had a tight end from last years team who sounds like he will be playing in the NFL next season. We better be ready to fight from the second the first kickoff goes up in the air until the final horn sounds

Good post Demian, I've done some of the same research on this team and have the same thoughts. We better not sleep on these guys just because they are D2. We need to come out swinging and keep the momentum all game long.

Tacoma5 said:
Good post Demian, I've done some of the same research on this team and have the same thoughts. We better not sleep on these guys just because they are D2. We need to come out swinging and keep the momentum all game long.

Hey thx Tacoma5. Yeah Western Oregon will be far from a tune up game. Which is fine. If anything it should keep us razor sharp as we prepare in august. We can't have a bunch of turnovers and unfinished failed drives like we did last year vs Simon Fraser, defense can't let the qb run around outside of pocket and extend plays with his feet which undoubtably allows receivers to find work and get open for first downs and extend drives like we did vs Simon Fraser last year. One good thing is that with a much better week one opponent for 2017 it should bring a nice home crowd to Holt Arena for the opening game though as opposed to the Simon Fraser crowd from last year and that could be energizing to our players and create an unfriendly environment for WOU.

Obviously, we need to be ready to play each and every game, no matter who we play.
Coach Phen and crew are instilling discipline, focus , energy, team unity and passion for the game that is desperately needed for every single Saturday.....
Go Bengals !!!!

Latest posts

Back