• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weber State Game is Over

notabengalalum

Went to and sat through the entire WSU game today. Crowd looked sparse at the start and only got thinner as the game progressed. That has to be disappointing to the home team.
I was glad to see Kyle Blum get an opportunity with the ball in the 2nd half. He's a big kid who can run and rollout and throw. It's obvious he has a learning and inexperience curve to overcome but his errors in judgment (poor throws) were no worse than what we saw from Russel Hill in the first half.
Our secondary got beat like rented mules on a couple of long pass plays and the entire defense had trouble making tackles -again. On a positive note, DJ Clark had a great play knocking a pass away in the end zone.
Kudo's to Trevor Messersmith for his punt block for a safety and then his TD reception on the next series - nice 8 points by #44 in a short amount of time.
Some promise was evident on several occasions today but alas.......................... Good luck at UM and see you at the Sac State game. Go Bengals - thanks for the effort today!

Agreed.
I never like losing, however we can take some positives out of this one.
It was good to see Blum get a chance.
I think he did a very respectable job, especially for first time in 'real action'.
A few passes he would like to have back.
A few that were dropped.
Solid passes with spiral trajectory, I like that.
Great presence in the pocket and rolling out to not only run but pass.
Question is: did he show enough to get the start against Montana? My guess is YES, he earned it.
Russ made some very bad decisions today that hurt the offense.

Props also to #5 Knickrhem. I think he ran and played hard all game. Sweet 1 handed catch in front of me on a pass that he was left hung out on and a safety with a bline on him.

We had some wholesale subs early in the 3rd quarter for the first time that I liked seeing.
I think we had a chance to see some extra players on defense.

All and all, we know the obvious: help needed on defense. But, I think we played hard the entire game.
Play calling was much better IMHO.
I loved seeing the pulling tackles and centers in front of our RB. Haven't seen that for awhile.
We worked the middle of the field better today.
The Ponciano fumble on the KR, I think took away some BIG momentum.
I believe we showed some things to grow on in the remaining 2 games.
Should be an interesting week in practice.

Let's just hope that Ron McBride is doing well. Maybe, our Weber friend who is on this board, can give us an update when one is available. My best wishes to Coach McBride.

spudbowl said:
Let's just hope that Ron McBride is doing well. Maybe, our Weber friend who is on this board, can give us an update when one is available. My best wishes to Coach McBride.

I briefly spoke with Phil Luckey about it, and he said McBride was experiencing chest pains. Like spudbowl, I, too, send my best wishes to Coach Mac.

Latest posts

Back