• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weber State & Southern Utah

Why is Weber State 6-1 or 8-2 overall and Southern Utah 6-1 or 8-2 overall so good this season as the Big Sky pre-season polls had Weber State ranked at 5th and Southern Utah ranked at 7th? They are not a winning program over the years like Eastern Washington and Montana.

I have not seen Weber State play this season so I don’t know anything about what has led to there success. I did watch SUU one time when the played EWU. So I will give my thoughts of SUU only. Of course we all know they beat EWU that game. It was an interesting game. SUU looked kind of lousy early on, and honestly there players didn’t look very good in football uniforms compared to the flashy style of EWU uniforms etc etc. plus ewu jumped out to like a 14 point lead early. But then the game changed. As the game went along SUU totally dominated EWU in late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr. I will say this SUU has a great QB. He is really skinny but a straight up baller. Dual threat QB if there ever was one. Runs there offense perfectly. SUU has a real effective running game with a RB who runs real aggressive. SUU has cornerbacks who shut down EWU receivers pretty well. The SUU pass rush put pressure on EWU QB. EWU QB played real bad that game as he turned the ball over a bunch as he was harrased by the SUU pass rush. SUU turned those interceptions into scores. Those are slot of qualities of winning football

Demian - that was a good evaluation on SUU. Weber State and SUU must know what they are doing with recruiting of players to have that kind of record in the Big Sky.

up for the challenge said:
Demian - that was a good evaluation on SUU. Weber State and SUU must know what they are doing with recruiting of players to have that kind of record in the Big Sky.

Thx UFTC. One thing I do recall regarding SUU recruiting is the announcers on that tv broadcast (Coach Mike Kramer was actually one of the announcers on that broadcast) stated the SUU Head Coach was from Southern California and he really puts a high focus on recruiting Southern California players and has great success convincing them to come play in Utah for him.

Don't forget about NAU. If they win this weekend they win the conference. Throw in UM... who goes to the playoffs? Do they take 4 from the Big Sky? I think UM is obviously on the bubble even with a win this weekend at the Brawl. Does NAU go ahead of UM with a lose to SUU this weekend? It will be interesting.

bhumble said:
Don't forget about NAU. If they win this weekend they win the conference. Throw in UM... who goes to the playoffs? Do they take 4 from the Big Sky? I think UM is obviously on the bubble even with a win this weekend at the Brawl. Does NAU go ahead of UM with a lose to SUU this weekend? It will be interesting.

I think the chances that the Sky gets 3 are better than getting 4. Montana at 8-3 probably has the best shot despite their week schedule based solely on their name and stadium.

Why is Weber State 6-1 or 8-2 overall and Southern Utah 6-1 or 8-2 overall so good this season as the Big Sky pre-season polls had Weber State ranked at 5th and Southern Utah ranked at 7th? They are not a winning program over the years like Eastern Washington and Montana.

Getting the right coach that can get the right recruits and then get them to believe in his system goes a long way. Both Weber and SUU are proving you don't need history or a large packed stadium to be successful. Getting support from the Universities helps to.

So, the Championship game is NAU vs. SUU in Cedar City this Saturday? If ISU upsets Weber State than NAU or SUU will be Champions alone. If Weber State wins against ISU they will be co-Champions. Is that correct?

So, the Championship game is NAU vs. SUU in Cedar City this Saturday? If ISU upsets Weber State than NAU or SUU will be Champions alone. If Weber State wins against ISU they will be co-Champions. Is that correct?

No

bhumble said:

No
[/quot

If SUU and WSU both win, they will be co-champs.
If NAU and WSU both win, they will be co-champs.
If WSU loses, the winner of the SUU-NAU game will be the Big Sky champion.

Correct

A lot of Bengal fans may look at the Weber game as a rivalry game. But I don't think the Weber fans look at it as such. I think they're now looking at SUU as their rival. Until we can defeat them in FB, at least once in a while, then it won't be. I can't remember the last time we defeated WSU in football, and I don't think we've won in Ogden in over 30 years! I saw parts of the Weber-PSU game on the internet and Weber just destroyed them. The Wildcats look really good this year.

boisebengal said:
A lot of Bengal fans may look at the Weber game as a rivalry game. But I don't think the Weber fans look at it as such. I think they're now looking at SUU as their rival. Until we can defeat them in FB, at least once in a while, then it won't be. I can't remember the last time we defeated WSU in football, and I don't think we've won in Ogden in over 30 years! I saw parts of the Weber-PSU game on the internet and Weber just destroyed them. The Wildcats look really good this year.

Agreed. it is all about recruiting. That is why Weber State and Southern Utah are Co- Champions.

Latest posts

Back