• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weber wins

Whether we should have had the last chance or not, in today's game we had too many chances that went nowhere.
The only offense that we have is the defense. Kudos to the secondary and the interceptions. They were the best yardage generating plays ISU had today.
No TD's by the offense. The running game looked good at times and then died in the red zone. Later in the game, the offensive play calling when Tavoy was the lone back was amateurish. Maybe team him with a second back and perhaps not give the ball to Tavoy on a play or two and that would actually be a variation on what we saw today. You know, it may have given the WSU defense something different to consider.
Really nice job by someone (undoubtedly on the coaching staff) with the inability to count to 11 and cost us a time out when they kept tag teaming players in and out and in on that play in the 4th quarter. Great play management and keeping it under control- Not!
This one hurt more than being blown out by halftime. Waiting to hear how the wind affected those 3 missed FG's, too! :shock: We didn't deserve to win and we didn't.

Five thousand folks for a Weber game. For some reason, that is all that I can get off my mind.

Weber State did just enough to win, congrats to the Wildcats for responding to all the adversity. That had to be one of the weirdest games that I can ever remember seeing. I still don't know what happened out there.

I can remember when Higgins was considered all world at QB and now he seems awfully average without Toone and Treyvn Smith.

the 5000+ attendance number is inflated. I counted roughly 500 people on the north side --maybe if they count season ticket holders who don't show, there were 5000 people who bought tickets, but my guess is that there were 2500 fans in the arena. (2000 south side, 500 north side).

You know Spud, I actually made that exact guess on the ISJ blog. On BigSkyTV all I could see is the Northside on the Dome and I could hear echos when any noise came up. That is a sure sign that not very many bodies were in the stands. Sad, really.

People (parents of players) talk about fan support at Idaho State being bad all the time. I simply remind them that for the limited amount of success that the football has had historically, the fan support is excellent. When a team that wins one or two games a year gets 6-7K a contest, it is easy to figure out what would happen if a team were even .500, let alone contending for a BSC title.

Cub
Indeed, the Bengals still have a strong base of support, compare ISU to other Big Sky schools for example. Remember the ISU - UM game in 2004, there were about 11,800 people there if I remember.
My concern is that the hard care base of fans is getting a lot older, I see a lot of people that I have seen at Bengal games my entire life who are now 60, 70 and older. As my name implies, I saw my first ISU game at the Spudbowl as a child so I am getting older also. I don't see a lot of Bengal boosters in their 20s (other than current students) or 30s and I don't see a lot of kids. This is my concern. Boise State is grabbing Bengal fans right and left.

Latest posts

Back