• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Week 12 - #8 Sac State at Causeway

aggiemba said:
Good to see things revert to normal. It’s been a weird bizarro world the last three causeways. I suspect the Aggies are on the cusp of another long long long causeway winning streak.

Have fun watching the corn grow.

HeavyistheClown said:
It is in a hvac controlled bubble. No need to bundle up, but there is a need for the Hornets HC/OC to show up.

Honestly, a round one dome and possible round two dome is maybe the best thing for the offense right now…

aggiemba said:
Good to see things revert to normal. It’s been a weird bizarro world the last three causeways. I suspect the Aggies are on the cusp of another long long long causeway winning streak.

You’re right. Normal has the Hornets in the postseason, just like the previous 3 seasons, while your boys sit at home. Enjoy that! :clap:

As SD asked, where you been since 2018? Been waiting a LONG time to troll, haven’t ya? Cause I’m sure you’d still have dropped by had you lost again, right?

Best part is, you do this while your team sits home and ours plays on. Well done, kid. :thumb:

BuckeyeHornetFan said:
aggiemba said:

You’re right. Normal has the Hornets in the postseason, just like the previous 3 seasons, while your boys sit at home. Enjoy that! :clap:

As SD asked, where you been since 2018? Been waiting a LONG time to troll, haven’t ya? Cause I’m sure you’d still have dropped by had you lost again, right?

Best part is, you do this while your team sits home and ours plays on. Well done, kid. :thumb:

giphy.gif

Well, the Aggies spanked Sac, but it seems the Big Sky committee has something against them. Ags win the head to head, finish higher in league play, were peaking, and may have the best running back in FCS. Tomorrow will be interesting.

movielover said:
Well, the Aggies spanked Sac, but it seems the Big Sky committee has something against them. Ags win the head to head, finish higher in league play, were peaking, and may have the best running back in FCS. Tomorrow will be interesting.

It's possible that the Committee had more in mind than the H2H, as big as that is. They were perhaps looking at the full resume. While the Hornets' downward trend has been concerning, Sac DOES have a win against a playoff team AND a scalp. The Manure Pile's body-bag game was a blowout loss, and their only playoff-team win is against us. SD and Sting may have other opinions on this which would merit consideration, but I personally think the Stanford win was what put us over the top, at least in terms of beating out the Manure Pile. SD, Sting, and others have made good points about picking up what's been lacking the last few weeks, and if those things happen, we stand a good chance at taking out North Dakota.

While I won't go out on a limb and guarantee anything, I like our chances....

movielover said:

Can't imagine that it will be very interesting for you since your team is sitting at home watching the game. Next year maybe avoid losing to bad teams.

movielover said:

Cry more.

movielover said:

It surely was interesting, wasn't it? A BIG Hornets win in a tough venue to play.

Despite the letdown against UCD, the Hornets are still the superior team and the committee recognized and acknowledged that. It's that simple.

Head-to-head really only comes into play when things are even or relatively close to it. But if one program clearly owns a better seasonal resume than the other, that trumps head-to-head.

I mean, would you really make the argument that the 2-10 Arizona Cardinals are better than the 8-3 Dallas Cowboys simply because the Cardinals happened to win their lone head-to-head contest by 12 points? Nope. Because the overall resume matters a lot more.

In the case of the Hornets, 3 of their 4 losses occurred against teams currently ranked 2, 4, and 5 in the country. And their FBS win over Stanford compensated for their loss to UCD. Also keep in mind that Sac State didn't lose to a single sub-.500 team.

More over, the Hornets have consistently been a top tier FCS team since 2019. Like it or not -- fair or not -- they were rewarded for that consistency and name recognition just as many other perennial top flight programs (e.g., Montana) have been rewarded similarly before them.

While UCD matched the Hornets 7-4 record, they lacked a signature win and TWO of their 4 losses came at the hands of sub-.500 teams (NAU and EW). Remember, the Hornets didn't suffer ONE loss to a sub-.500 team.

Lastly, you also mentioned "finishing higher in league play". Well, your missing some important context there.

First, if things were even -- that might matter. For a league title, that would be a tiebreaker. But for a postseason birth, the committee deciding these things can look a little deeper.

The 8-Big Sky games UCD played weren't of the same quality and difficulty as the Hornets. The Hornets faced ALL 5 of the teams that finished ahead of them and only faced 3 of the bottom 6 teams in the conference.

UCD, meanwhile, didn't have to play Montana State or Idaho and lost by 17 to a NAU team the Hornets beat. Had UCD featured a win over Montana, Montana State or Idaho (teams the Hornets lost to) they'd have a stronger argument. Furthermore, UCD's "slightly" better conference record was bolstered by facing 5 of the bottom 6 teams in the conference.

Be real, had UCD faced MSU and Idaho as the Hornets did (in addition to UM) -- they'd wouldn't have forged a better conference record. It's not an apt or fair comparison. Sac State's conference SOS was much stronger, and their overall SOS was higher.

Again, the Hornets seasonal resume was clearly superior to UCD's and that's why the head-to-head didn't factor in and why the Hornets were selected over them. I'm sure you'll continue try to argue otherwise, but the evidence paints a different picture.

Latest posts

Back