• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weekly prediction thread | Game 4

Franko

Sacramento State (0-3) at Idaho State (1-2)
Holt Arena -- Homecoming
Saturday, 2:35 p.m.

My prediction …

Idaho State 29, Sacramento State 18

Last week …

Final score: Oregon State 37, Idaho State 7

Read about it here: Read about it here … http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/i...e_beavers_defense_p_1.html#incart_river_index

And here … http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_8ea06d46-b71f-5e44-88e8-33a852d7fddf.html

And here … http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/i...after_lingering_th_10.html#incart_river_index

Winning prediction: Reborn2010, who had OSU beating the Bengals 42-10

Worst prediction: 81champs, who thought Oregon State would wallop Idaho State by the score of 72-3.

SOME THOUGHTS

— The bright side and the not-so-bright side …

Here’s a great factoid from the Oregonian’s Gina Mizell … “Take away the Beavers' explosive plays — Victor Bolden's 92-yard touchdown run and 48-yard catch and Paul Lucas' 44-yard catch — and the Beavers compiled 234 yards on 68 plays.”

That’s a 3.44 yard average per play for the Beavers … not good … unless you’re Idaho State, of course. Defensively, the Bengals should be pretty happy.

On a negative note, however, wipe away Jakori Ford’s ESPN-worthy, 75-yard touchdown run and the Bengals finished with 288 yards on 70 plays. That’s a paltry 4.1 yard per play average. Throw in five turnovers that led to 24 Oregon State points and one thing is undeniable: Idaho State’s offense, just like in 2015, looks like it’s stuck in neutral.

There are plenty of bright spots on the offensive side of the ball for ISU, but, starting with QB Tanner Gueller, they haven’t played consistently and are mistakes are killing them.

Think about this … Sacramento State has been downright miserable offensively. The Hornets are 13th in the Big Sky in scoring (13.3 ppg), 12th in total offense (306.7 ypg), 11th in rushing (112 ypg), 10th in passing (194.7 ypg), 13th in pass efficiency … y’all get it. Sac isn’t good offensively.

The Bengals can win Saturday without tearing up the scoreboard. The old-school formula of solid defense, mistake-free special teams and an offense that avoids turnovers can carry ISU to a 1-0 Big Sky record.

— Something I’m curious about, and I guess we’ll see if it comes through in interviews with coach Mike Kramer this week, how do the Bengals view Sacramento State? Because, really, beyond the embarrassment that was UNLV in 2015, Idaho State’s 38-13 loss in Sacramento was the lowest moment of the season.

Tanner Gueller started, tossed three picks and was yanked in the third quarter as Idaho State’s defense was on its way to giving up 413 yards of offense to an anemic team starting a true freshman at QB.

But everything is set up this season for the Bengals to exact revenge. They’re at home, it’s homecoming, Sac State stinks, Sac State is on the road for the third straight week, Sac State (for at least most of the Weber State game last Saturday) lost its starting quarterback … oh, and Sac State isn’t a good football team.

Idaho State needs to win this game. There’s really not much more to say.

BENGALS 34 Hornynuts 9
After being able to drive down the field in Oregon, but not getting points, ISU is wanting some Touchdowns. Now that we're in conference play and more level playing field, we get some TD's!

...ISU.....38 to 24.....Kramer and Troxall open the play book and we run plays we haven't used .....Sac State scores 10 points late to make the final seem a closer game than it really was......Go Bengals !..... :thumb:

I'm new to Idaho St football, as I have a grandson playing there now. I'm excited to find out this week what the distance is between Oregon St and Colorado and Sac St, in terms of our ability to score points. Our offense has been stagnent so far, but the reason could be that the Pac 12 schools are that much better that us. I only predicted that ISU would only score 21 points Saturday because of the enemic offense. I hope I am wrong. I see most posters here believe I am wrong, and that ISU could score up to 31-34 points. That would be nice. I'm looking forward to Saturday's game.

ISU - 35
Sac State - 10

Our running game will definitely improve and we have nowhere seen the best of what we have to offer. The last quarter of the game, we swapped out 4 different running backs with each of them getting 1 series with 2 touches at most each. That's not enough for any of them to get a rhythm, but it does give them exposure and keeps our talent healthy. Especially in a PAC12 setting.

With conference play starting, I think we'll see things settle down, get the ball spread around more and additional opportunities for touches. Besides the turnovers, there was very good improvement all around last week. In addition, sounds like our offense will welcome back some needed experience this week.

Some key takeaways from ISU's game at Oregon State here: http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-the-good-and-the-bad-deciphering-the-pluses/article_8829f1d0-6504-57e6-81a3-04d3d1a9729f.html

Reborn2010 said:
I'm new to Idaho St football, as I have a grandson playing there now. I'm excited to find out this week what the distance is between Oregon St and Colorado and Sac St, in terms of our ability to score points. Our offense has been stagnent so far, but the reason could be that the Pac 12 schools are that much better that us. I only predicted that ISU would only score 21 points Saturday because of the enemic offense. I hope I am wrong. I see most posters here believe I am wrong, and that ISU could score up to 31-34 points. That would be nice. I'm looking forward to Saturday's game.

After reading the article in the ISU Journal I can understand why I predicted just 21 points. Now I feel we may be lucky to score that many, and Oregon St had lost like 11 in a row. Our lack of being able to sustain drives is not good. the interceptions so far are horrible and the main reason for this BAD offense. However, I do hope Guellar can do turn it around this Saturday. If he doesn't the Bengals are in trouble. And where is that running game that I thought I was reading about in August. I thought we were going to be a running team. This is a HUGE game, and will say a lot about our team.

Latest posts

Back