• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weekly prediction thread | Game 6

Franko

Idaho State (2-3, 1-1) at Northern Arizona (2-4, 1-2)
Walkup Skydome, Flagstaff, Arizona
Saturday, 4 p.m. MST

My prediction …

Northern Arizona 33, Idaho State 11

— This is a tough one. Northern Arizona, the preseason favorite — because nobody really knew who to pick — doesn’t have sophomore quarterback Case Cookus after he injured his shoulder against Eastern Washington.

Since then, in a 21-18 loss at Northern Colorado and a 20-14 win at Montana State, the backup for Cookus, senior Blake Kemp, is a combined 60 of 86 for 468 yards, one touchdown and no picks.

Not terrible numbers, right?

But, under Kemp, NAU isn’t producing points. In the loss to Northern Colorado, three Lumberjack drives ended in fumbles — and another stalled in the red zone where the ’Jacks settled for a field goal. In Bozeman last week, Northern Arizona attempted four field goals and turned the ball over on downs at the Montana State 35.

What I’m saying is that without their star quarterback, the Lumberjacks are still moving the football effectively, but they’re not capitalizing on scoring opportunities with TDs.

Think about this … Northern Arizona outgained Northern Colorado 493-263 and Montana state 405-201. In reality, then, NAU dominated both games, but still only went 1-1.

That’s a long preamble to get to this point: Case Cookus or no Case Cookus, the Bengals are going to have to play really well to keep this one close.

But I’m excited to see how Kramer and company look after the bye. It came at a good time.

....our O line get a "fire lit under their tails"......offense makes some plays....and our D finally shows some potential....

....ISU 31....NAU....17

I look at the schedule and honestly, I'm not sure if we'll win another game the rest of the season. Injuries on our offensive and defensive lines and lack of depth there has really hurt us. And we haven't won in Flagstaff in years. NAU 28, ISU 13.

boisebengal said:
I look at the schedule and honestly, I'm not sure if we'll win another game the rest of the season. Injuries on our offensive and defensive lines and lack of depth there has really hurt us. And we haven't won in Flagstaff in years. NAU 28, ISU 13.

We have not won in Flagstaff since 1984. The Las Vegas guys have Northern Arizona favored by 16-1/2 points.

Even with no injuries we were not expected to place higher than 11th place.

The season is still young but it will take a team effort to win any remaining games as we will be playing teams that are ranked higher than us. Not to say rankings mean anything as underdogs do win some games every Saturday. I am actually picking UC Davis to win at home against Northern Colorado

I've already made my prediction, but wanted to say I'm excited and have a good feeling about this weekends game. We'll be traveling to Flagstaff this weekend to support our Bengals and watch two hungry teams battle it out. College football on Saturday, hiking in Sedona on Sunday. Can't beat that.

Tacoma5 said:
I've already made my prediction, but wanted to say I'm excited and have a good feeling about this weekends game. We'll be traveling to Flagstaff this weekend to support our Bengals and watch two hungry teams battle it out. College football on Saturday, hiking in Sedona on Sunday. Can't beat that.

Take a walking stick with you in Sedona and plenty of water

Definitely interested in this one. Could be a momentum builder or a crusher going into next weeks game.

Naturally, I'm going to hope ISU doesn't get too much confidence from this game going into a home game against UND. As a UND fan, I'm looking forward to next week, need a little revenge from last season :)

Game preview with where to watch/listen: http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-years-and-counting---isu-looks-for/article_2f642e67-be04-5b63-ba59-c30250f71c66.html

Latest posts

Back