• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weekly prediction thread | Game 7

Franko

North Dakota (5-2, 4-0) at Idaho State (2-4, 1-2)
Holt Arena, Pocatello, Idaho
Saturday, Oct. 22, 2:35 p.m. MST

My prediction …

North Dakota 43, Idaho State 12

Last week …

Final score: Northern Arizona 52, Idaho State 7

BEST prediction: bengalguy, who looked into the future and forecasted a 48-14 win for the Lumberjacks

WINNING prediction: Tacoma5, who not only traveled to Flagstaff and enjoyed beautiful northern Arizona but also went hiking in Sedona the next day. Good on you, Tacoma5.

Worst prediction: No terrible predictions this week … just a few hopeful Idaho State football fans …

45 - 14. UND

It would be great to see an upset here but our offense is struggling and our defense cannot contain teams from scoring a lot of points. I am hoping we beat Weber State on Senior Day to Send the Seniors out with a win but Weber State is playing some good football so it may not happen unless our Bengals show some progression during the season.

you are right, Demian that the boys will be happy to be home playing for their fans. and they will do better. The only problem that better is not enough. North Dakato is too good for this year's team. Our pass defense is just too terrible, and the offense is good at times but terrible at others. It will be aw better game than the last two though.

ISU 17
North Dakota 31

Demian: I was just curious about 35 points. Do you have ISU scoring on a field goal, a safety, or a two point extra point after a TD besides TD's. I know Kramer hates kicking field goals but sometimes you have to kick one to get on the scoreboard if in range

48-20 UND

Not sure our guys will do that on the road, but our offense is rolling right now. I'm thinking our run game gets the job done. Santiago, Oliveira go over 100 yards. Gordon, Studsrud put up big running numbers as well. Norberg gets some carries as well and churns out 40-50.

I don't see ISU getting much on the ground, but I do see them hitting a few big plays at home. It'll be interesting to see if our top safety plays after being out against SUU. His presence is a huge factor for our D.

We'll see what happens.

ISU 35 NDU 34

I think demian has his shit together, but it'll be closer. And no. We're not kicking a damn field goal ! We'll use every down we have past the 50 yard line.

bill_idaflls said:
ISU 35 NDU 34

I think demian has his shit together, but it'll be closer. And no. We're not kicking a damn field goal ! We'll use every down we have past the 50 yard line.

Are we the only team that does not kick field goals or does not like to kick field goals in the Big Sky? 3 points will not win many games but could make the difference in a close game.

up for the challenge said:
bill_idaflls said:
ISU 35 NDU 34

Are we the only team that does not kick field goals or does not like to kick field goals in the Big Sky? 3 points will not win many games but could make the difference in a close game.

Good question. I was trying to conjure up some pre-game attitude like the witches in *Macbeth*. We need TD's and a bunch of them to win games or even stay in games. Obvious, I know, but I'd like to see if the offense can light up the Dome, it could help fire-up the defense. There's gotta be an ass to kick somewhere even if it shouldn't happen. Let's go for it on every down. What have we got to win?

Thanks Franko, hiking in Sedona and going to Slide Rock was definitely the highlight of our trip.

ISU-14 NDU-49

We'll be at the game in Pocatello this weekend and I sure hope the Bengals prove me wrong.

56 to 17 NDSU

Hope I am wrong but we need to start playing some real football.

No more excuses, it's time to see what this team and coaches are made of.

up for the challenge said:
Demian: I was just curious about 35 points. Do you have ISU scoring on a field goal, a safety, or a two point extra point after a TD besides TD's. I know Kramer hates kicking field goals but sometimes you have to kick one to get on the scoreboard if in range

I'm going with 5 TD's. I think it all comes together this Saturday. We execute from the opponents 30 yard line going in, we don't turn the ball over. Special teams are going to be better. I am going to say we get a defensive td. I say we get a rushing TD from ford. Then 3 passing td's some how.

Reborn2010 said:
you are right, Demian that the boys will be happy to be home playing for their fans. and they will do better. The only problem that better is not enough. North Dakato is too good for this year's team. Our pass defense is just too terrible, and the offense is good at times but terrible at others. It will be aw better game than the last two though.

ISU 17
North Dakota 31

Yes but if we play better there is also the chance ND plays bad. Maybe it's some one else's turn to lay an egg. It happens all the time in college football. They've got to travel, they get to play at on the road maybe things don't go good for UND this week. It can happen as we all know. I think this is the week

bill_idaflls said:
ISU 35 NDU 34

Gosh I hope we are right bill_idaflls this would be such a fun Saturday for those players, coaches, families, fans and that campus and city and the whole region etc if the game goes according to our scores,

Siouxfan512 said:
48-20 UND

Not sure our guys will do that on the road, but our offense is rolling right now. I'm thinking our run game gets the job done. Santiago, Oliveira go over 100 yards. Gordon, Studsrud put up big running numbers as well. Norberg gets some carries as well and churns out 40-50.

I don't see ISU getting much on the ground, but I do see them hitting a few big plays at home. It'll be interesting to see if our top safety plays after being out against SUU. His presence is a huge factor for our D.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for stopng by and hanging with us these last two weeks siouxfan512. You seem like a good dude. Enjoy the game Saturday and if U travel to the game have a safe trip

I predicted losses the last 2 weeks - and was right. Well, I'm going against the grain this week and picking a win, and I think I'll be right again.

The new and improved Bengals - 42
The very good UND Sioux - 38

I don't know what the line is but it's time to mortgage the farm, take the Bengals and the points, and call in rich on Monday!

GO BENGALS!!

bengalguy said:
I predicted losses the last 2 weeks - and was right. Well, I'm going against the grain this week and picking a win, and I think I'll be right again.

The new and improved Bengals - 42
The very good UND Sioux - 38

I don't know what the line is but it's time to mortgage the farm, take the Bengals and the points, and call in rich on Monday!

GO BENGALS!!
My bad!! Make that the very good UND Fighting Hawks. :oops:

UND is favored by 17 points. 7 posters have UND winning by an average of 29-1/2 points. 26, 31, 14, 28, 35, 39, and 34. Two posters have ISU winning by an average 4 points. 7 and 1.

Latest posts

Back