• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weekly prediction thread | Game 9

Franko

Idaho State (2-6, 1-4) at Montana (5-3, 2-3)
Washington-Grizzly Stadium
Saturday, Nov. 5, 5 p.m. MST

My prediction …

Montana 52, Idaho State 9

Last week …

Final score: Southern Utah 52, Idaho State 27

Winning prediction: bhumble, who pegged a 38-21 T-bird victory

Worst prediction: Anybody who didn’t participate. There’s been a lot of bellyaching on this board the past couple weeks. Apparently if there wasn’t such a *harsh* moderator, the board would be filled with insightful commentary on ISU football …

Ugh. Give me a break.

The board reflects the team’s success. The team stinks; the board stinks. It ain’t got nothin’ to do with the moderators.

* [insert eye roll]

………………………………………………………………

As far as this week’s football game, Idaho State is headed to Missoula in a tough spot. This is an absolute must-win for the playoff hopes of the Griz, and coach Bob Stitt is going to try and batter the Bengals into oblivion.

Montana is the league’s top defense in yards allowed per game (335.2) and No. 2 in scoring defense (25.1 ppg). The Griz are third in the league in sacks (20), and (AT HOME) Montana’s offense is very good, averaging 54.8 points and 559 yards a game in Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

So here’s the formula for Saturday’s game: A Grizzly team backed into a corner + a raucous home crowd clad in maroon - an inexperienced Idaho State offensive line + a good defensive front seven for the Griz - Idaho State’s ineffective defense = a blowout.

Plus, what’s Idaho State’s mindset right now? They were just "whooped" in Holt by a mediocre Southern Utah squad, and Kramer, in the postgame interview, seemed despondent with how his team performed in the second half.

It’s going to take the Bengals a lot of mental strength and their best game plan of the season to keep this sucker competitive.

52-21 Grizz.

I'm travelling to this game and my hope is that we play competitive like we did against ND. I haven't watched any games or film on Montana, but I'm certain we'll need to improve every aspect of our game plan to have a shot.

With the way we've been playing in the 2nd half, someone/anyone needs to give an inspirational speech to these players. They need to get hyped and make them believe they can win the game. We have some serious threats and athletes on this team, but the mental aspect is half the battle. No sulking this week. We have nothing to lose, they have everything to lose. We need to go out there, play mad, PO'd and give it everything we've got.

I know quite a bit about football, about sports in general, and I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in a deep as I was last Saturday watching that 2nd half. And I was even very disappointed in our kicker missing that extra point. I am not sure why our defensive players looked so bad in the second half, but Kramer had better find out.
There are two different answers to the problem. Either the players have a tendency to "give up." They appear to lack effort and even poor technique. They seemed to have no answer at all to what their opponent was doing. Quiiters. The other is that Kramer got out coached big time. He and his staff had no answers for what their opponent wanted to do. Southern Utah seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted. In that interview after the game Kramer seemed as clueless as me as to why his team performed so poorly in the second half. To my dismay I have lost confidence in ISU. I have never appreciated, nor will I now, a group of players who look like the quit. Kramer has some huge decisions ahead of hm, because some of these players will be returning next year.

49 - 7 Grizz

I feel bad for the Seniors on ISU as they have only won one or two games per season other than the 2014 season when Arias carried them to a winning season. It is no fun for players to continue to lose every season. This coaching staff has tried their best but they cannot win at ISU.

I would not say that the defense quits. They like any other team do get beat
occansionly on a series of two by player mistakes and/ or being outcoached. Injuries always come into play
As well. But all teams face this problem throughout the season.
However, the main issue that I recognize is that the defense just flat gets worn out
During the game every week especially in the second half since the offense is so anemic.
So I blame the lack of offense consistantly moving the chains ( too many 3 and outs)
that results in the defense being on the field it seems 75% of the time. It appears the D line
Has decent player rotations but the rest of the defense , especially the linebackers are the same
Starting crew with very limited substitution . Results in veteran LBs with tongues hanging out most of second
Half. Yes, we need a significant improved rotation at LB to help out with recovery and speed to the ball....

81Champs said:
occansionly on a series of two by player mistakes and/ or being outcoached. Injuries always come into play
However, the main issue that I recognize is that the defense just flat gets worn out
During the game every week especially in the second half since the offense is so anemic.
So I blame the lack of offense consistantly moving the chains ( too many 3 and outs)
that results in the defense being on the field it seems 75% of the time. It appears the D line
Has decent player rotations but the rest of the defense , especially the linebackers are the same
Starting crew with very limited substitution . Results in veteran LBs with tongues hanging out most of second
Half. Yes, we need a significant improved rotation at LB to help out with recovery and speed to the ball....

I don't see how a group of 18-22 year old could be tired after a 20 minute half time break. Did you happen to see the first series of plays By Southern Utah? They marched right down the field efforllessly. One first down after another. then they stop us in 3 and out and do the same thing again and again and again. 35 points in the second half. I did not see 100% effort. I did not see anything that I would call intelligent play. What I saw was awkward, sloppy play. Sorry I can't feel sorry for a team who plays that way. AND this is not the first time I've seen this kind of play this year.

Reborn2010 said:
81Champs said:

I don't see how a group of 18-22 year old could be tired after a 20 minute half time break. Did you happen to see the first series of plays By Southern Utah? They marched right down the field efforllessly. One first down after another. then they stop us in 3 and out and do the same thing again and again and again. 35 points in the second half. I did not see 100% effort. I did not see anything that I would call intelligent play. What I saw was awkward, sloppy play. Sorry I can't feel sorry for a team who plays that way. AND this is not the first time I've seen this kind of play this year.

These players are trying their best. I think it is time to change it up. We have not been a competitive team under this coaching staff. I was hoping things would get better and Kramer would put together some winning seasons but he cannot get it done

Latest posts

Back