• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Welcome (back) to the Jungle

Da Griz

Hope to see a bunch of orange at Wa-Griz this Saturday. It hasn't been a pretty year for you, I know, but we always see you as a threat.

Looking forward to coming up to see what everyone is talking about the Griz nation and game atmosphere.it will be my first trip up there so hopefully ya'll won't mind a Bengal fan roaming around.

bengalbeliever said:
hopefully ya'll won't mind a Bengal fan roaming around.
Be sure to wear your colors, the night before at the downtown bars and at the tailgates. I'll be surprised if you can buy yourself a beer or burger. Tailgates start at about 10:00 AM, and you'll want to head for your seats about 11:15 to catch most of the pregame fanfare. Let me know if you need any more info.

By your surprise does that mean Griz fans will be hospitable and be looking to by me a drink and burger or ??

Need hotel info also please.

I'll admit, last time I went to the game in Missoula the fans were very hospitable. . . .reveived a lot of drink and meal offers.

Lots of motels. Do a Google or Orbitz. My favorite chain is La Quinta, and they have a nice one here, although it's not very close to the U. If you're looking for one where you can easily walk to the game (less than 6 blocks), try:

Holiday Inn Parkside (recommended)
Creekside Inn
Days Inn
Thunderbird Inn

The Griz fans have always been great to me up there. In fact I had such a good time and their fans up there welcomed us so much Missula is where I wanted to move after leaving school. Great town, great fans, great program....

They are always gracious and the GRIZ fans are always a blast to hang with. I would say the game day atmosphere matches that of Boise State. The home field advantage cannot be duplicated by anyone in the Big Sky Conference, let alone by most WAC schools.

So far so friendly.
Got into Missoula yesterday and even the people on the plane were nice as most inquired about my ISU hat I was wearing.
This continued on into evening, at dinner, and even........at the Poker table.
My goodness, poker tables in Missoula MT???!!!!! Nice.

Went to see Wash-Griz Stadium and it looks like a noise retainer with the buildouts in the corners of the endzone. Doesn't look like a bad seat in the house. Looks like fans are right on top of players and field.
Looking forward to the game in less than 3 hours.

Heading out in just a few to check out the sights and sounds of Griz tailgaters.

GO BENGALS!!

bengalbeliever said:
Went to see Wash-Griz Stadium. Doesn't look like a bad seat in the house. Looks like fans are right on top of players and field.
You nailed it. It was designed exactly that way for exactly those purposes.

Was a sloppy game all around, but really the only thing that can be said is best wishes for your injured D player. The moment he got hit, all your coaches left the bench, so we knew it wasn't good. Sure were relieved when he did the "thumbs up".

Latest posts

Back