• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Welcome Coach Joe Cullen

Bengal Roar

http://isubengals.cstv.com/ Glad to have you hear at ISU Coach Joe Cullen! Wow, great get! He will be a great help to our Defense it sounds like. I was amazed to see his experience and coaching history. Good article Frank.

It's amazing that we can get someone with his kind of background, to come here to help us out -- even if he is here only for a year or so -- but hopefully for a lot more. Sounds like he's got his alcohol problems behind him, and our defensive line should benefit greatly with his kind of expertise. I'm glad to see that Coach Z isn't afraid to make a shakeup in his staff for the benefit of the team -- something that Larry Lewis would never do.

Not afraid to shake things up? That's funny. By shaking do you mean getting rid of a guy that wasn't one of his boys, making excuses for why his boys aren't effective, and hiring a PR risk? Good work! Go Bengals!
And second chances... Technically it would be third.

PR risk? That's stupid! Cullen had his alcohol problems done with long ago, and we're lucky to have a guy with his knowledge to come on board. As far as shakeups on the staff are concerned, at least Coach Z can see where some of the weaknesses in his coaches may lie and isn't afraid to make necessary changes. Something Lewis would never do because he was loyal to a fault and it hurt him greatly -- expecially when he refused to get rid of Joe Lorig. Remember, Cullen is coming in only as a d-line asst. -- and he has the potential to hold much greater responsibilities than that. Look at the good in things -- quit being so negative.

Who did Coach Z get rid of? Besides Orthman....I agree with Boise concerning Lewis...and I feel Coach Z was heading in the same direction by giving his assistants too much power with HIS team. I like what I'm seeing....It hasn't been working so make some changes!!! Coach Z has been playing with Lewis' recruits so lets see what happens this next year...(I still want more Idaho..OK I'll shut up).

Point of clarification...Zamberlin and Orthmann have known each other since their days at Eastern Washington in the mid 1990s ...

ISUSID

Troll? No. Bengal supporter yes. Happy with what has gone on? No. If you all really new what happened behind the doors... Or knew how players really feel... It would sound different on here. But I will stand by through thick and thin. It's just going to be thin for awhile. Stand by this team? Yessir! Stand by these coaches? Nope!

jahim = troll/axe grinder/insider with secret knowledge that only he knows and the rest of us can't handle

wow you have 'inside' information that if only you could share the rest of us would fall down awed at your great knowledge - if you have something to add to the 'discussion' then do so - otherwise you're either a troll or just some tool looking for attention on the internet

"If you all really new what happened behind the doors... Or knew how players really feel"

Hehehehehe .... I do, and I do .... and without breaking any confidences or anything like that, I know enough that I can't for the life of me imagine what Jahim is talking about in regards to Orthmann.

ISUSID

P.S. For the record I got along fine with Orty and wish him well, as obviously does coach Z.

Is he in Idaho? I can't wait to meet this guy. I've already got visions of the D-line becoming the terror of the Big Sky

I wouldn't say that what I know is inside information as much as personal firsthand. I played for these guys, and had discussions with z about coaches. He asked what my thoughts were, similar to other players exit type interviews. Anytime O was brought up there was total agreement. But anytime Strandly, Amrine, etc. were brought up, there was an instant excuse as to why it was a fluke, not correct, etc. Thats what I meant. And that is from the horses mouth.

I would say adding Cullen is a positive, then, because he brings high-level experience and background to the situation? Perhaps a D-coordinator in waiting?

interesting - jahim suggests his 'double secret probation info' comes straight from the horse's mouth - and here i was thinking jahim is all about the other end of that animal

Our local Wendys needs to jump on to this new slogan in Joe's honor.....

1d969e7452.jpg

hey if it takes one who drives around naked and drunk to get a fire in the dline im all for it... :lol: its bout time someone with some sort of KNOWN talent coaches those boys :o

which freshman(s) do you see stepping in early?? Obviously we need DE back ups right away behind Rustin Phillips and Chad Odonnell.. But what freshman?

I believe Paulhus will step in at Defensive Tackle. Niusulu will need to bulk up more being only 6'0 250

But D End Is Intriguing with the Mcelwain twins (probably a better fit on the OL), Pele, and Tramonte and Bergren, and Walker?

I'm reading the bio's and it looks as if Pele and Tramonte are the most decorated DENDS we have that are incoming freshman.. Right? So which of all these Defensive Ends will make an immediate impact?

Fann, I know you are talking about impact True FR, but look for RS FR Jake Rouser to be a big hit at DE as well as RS M. Durr at DT.

Latest posts

Back