• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Well that was about as much fun as a root canal

Skippy

27-0 at half. Offense can't execute in the red zone, more turnover and special teams hijinks, and the defense can't get off the field on third and fourth down. Some things never change...

For a little over 8 years I haven't missed a home game. Till today, I think I am gonna start looking into something else that might be better to waste my money on, like marbles or something.

I am pretty disappointed in the whole team this year.

I don't know what to think, not gonna start going again till they win a game or two.

If Don Baily does not come back soon, next year will unfortunately have similar results.
It's obvious Kramer and company can NOT coach X & O... Kramer can recruit very well but
Other than that has no idea on how to be creative (especially on offense) to win games.. My blind grand mother can predict what the offense
Is going to call. Very predictable offense (3 and out) with low percentage plays most of the time which results in NO sustained drives....Keep running the ball ( yes that does include the quarterback) till they STOP it.. I really feel for the players, they are great young men on and off the field. They deserve better. Please, please Kramer enough of your damm excuses and please change your way of thinking or retire ASAP !! Your ignorance and argarrance is embarrassing to this university.

Not recruiting a JC or Drop Down QB was a Bailey decision, then he leaves. Could he have done a better job with the offense, maybe so, we will never know because he left. Going with a freshman QB is never a desirable option, no matter how good he is. Good defensive teams will expose his weaknesses and has the season goes even teams with average defenses will take advantage of what they have seen. Yost was asked to do much less than Arias, Sanders, and Gueller because his line was so bad everything we did was quick an usually short. With the improvement of the line the offense became more complicated the QB had more responsibility. The problem; because of Bailey's decision to not recruit a more experience QB we did not bring one in early enough to teach our system. JC football is essentially glorified high school football. Defenses are simpler, line blocking basic, and the QB only reads one side of the field on each play. If you bring in a QB like they did Sander's the rest of your team has to be able to make up for his learning curve, we couldn't because of poor special teams play and defensive play. The decision to not recruit a JC Arias's senior year is where we broke down. Red shirt that fall and a spring and we would not be talking about our problem's this year. By the way, decision's made by Bailey before he left.

This football team is just another ISU football team that has fallen into the cellar category for whatever reasons. I do not see the program getting better other than the players doing well in school, in the community and graduating. I do believe Kramer deserves one more chance next season to see if he can Turn the program around next season in 2016.

blackfootbengal said:
Not recruiting a JC or Drop Down QB was a Bailey decision, then he leaves. Could he have done a better job with the offense, maybe so, we will never know because he left. Going with a freshman QB is never a desirable option, no matter how good he is. Good defensive teams will expose his weaknesses and has the season goes even teams with average defenses will take advantage of what they have seen. Yost was asked to do much less than Arias, Sanders, and Gueller because his line was so bad everything we did was quick an usually short. With the improvement of the line the offense became more complicated the QB had more responsibility. The problem; because of Bailey's decision to not recruit a more experience QB we did not bring one in early enough to teach our system. JC football is essentially glorified high school football. Defenses are simpler, line blocking basic, and the QB only reads one side of the field on each play. If you bring in a QB like they did Sander's the rest of your team has to be able to make up for his learning curve, we couldn't because of poor special teams play and defensive play. The decision to not recruit a JC Arias's senior year is where we broke down. Red shirt that fall and a spring and we would not be talking about our problem's this year. By the way, decision's made by Bailey before he left.
Very good comment. Not a negative Bailey comment. Just very on point I think.

BengalBannMan said:
blackfootbengal said:
Very good comment. Not a negative Bailey comment. Just very on point I think.
Good point but Kramer and Bailey made those decisions. Kramer is responsible for the program.

UFTC, I don't doubt Bailey would be a great addition back in the program, I just doubt it would be for more than one year, then restart again.

BengalBannMan said:
UFTC, I don't doubt Bailey would be a great addition back in the program, I just doubt it would be for more than one year, then restart again.

Why would Bailey want to return? He has already moved up the ladder on his resume.

Bengal_believer said:
For a little over 8 years I haven't missed a home game. Till today, I think I am gonna start looking into something else that might be better to waste my money on, like marbles or something.

I don't know what to think, not gonna start going again till they win a game or two.

Eight years? Ooooh! This program has been abandoned/neglected for THREE DECADES! Recruit the right players, get a drop down, etc., etc., who wants to come to Pocatello??? That is a rare breed. Last year showed what is POSSIBLE, but aided by a favorable schedule. Come to wonderful Pocatello, wonderful Holt Arena, and its wonderful fans(which can't fill half the seats in that MASSIVE facility on a good day. The fan base is DEAD. If Kramers style offends you, tough. Doesn't fit your time frame, tough. IMHO, Kramer is the only one who can bring this program back to life. If he can't do it, it can't be done. Pull a Hofstra, implode Holt, and pave it over. At least the student parking problem would be temporarily solved. Spend your money somewhere else, on what I don't know. You won't be missed.

otis campbell said:
Bengal_believer said:

Eight years? Ooooh! This program has been abandoned/neglected for THREE DECADES! Recruit the right players, get a drop down, etc., etc., who wants to come to Pocatello??? That is a rare breed. Last year showed what is POSSIBLE, but aided by a favorable schedule. Come to wonderful Pocatello, wonderful Holt Arena, and its wonderful fans(which can't fill half the seats in that MASSIVE facility on a good day. The fan base is DEAD. If Kramers style offends you, tough. Doesn't fit your time frame, tough. IMHO, Kramer is the only one who can bring this program back to life. If he can't do it, it can't be done. Pull a Hofstra, implode Holt, and pave it over. At least the student parking problem would be temporarily solved. Spend your money somewhere else, on what I don't know. You won't be missed.

The 2016 season should be better. Kramer is not going anywhere for the next two seasons.

I agree with some of the points made. First, Kramer and Co. are doing their best to recruit players to Pocatello. Kids want facilities and ISU does not have them. If a kid is being recruited by ISU and say, Weber State, why pick ISU? Weber has nicer facilities and a better atmosphere. I completely agree that ISU needs to fund raise and build a 7000-8000 seat outdoor stadium. It would attract more kids and more po

Now, if anyone thinks Kramer is the only coach who can turn this around then they are dead wrong. There are literally 100's of coaches out there who have been successful in smaller venues or coordinating at this level who could do a better job preparing our team. Our coaches let the team down again this week. We were completely out coached. The defense stayed in base all game and never disguised anything. The offense was predictable and neither quarterback was given opportunities to make correct adjustments. Shame on this staff. Most of all, shame on Kramer for not taking responsibility but pushing it on other staffs. The fact he called out other staffs is completely disrespectful and now he has lost any recruiting advantage with those schools. Good luck recruiting ACCAC players!

It has been a tough season but keep your composure. You and your staff have let this team down multiple times this year. Now, I am not one to call for a coach's livelihood. Give this staff another year and reassess then.

BengalRube said:
I agree with some of the points made. First, Kramer and Co. are doing their best to recruit players to Pocatello. Kids want facilities and ISU does not have them. If a kid is being recruited by ISU and say, Weber State, why pick ISU? Weber has nicer facilities and a better atmosphere. I completely agree that ISU needs to fund raise and build a 7000-8000 seat outdoor stadium. It would attract more kids and more po

Now, if anyone thinks Kramer is the only coach who can turn this around then they are dead wrong. There are literally 100's of coaches out there who have been successful in smaller venues or coordinating at this level who could do a better job preparing our team. Our coaches let the team down again this week. We were completely out coached. The defense stayed in base all game and never disguised anything. The offense was predictable and neither quarterback was given opportunities to make correct adjustments. Shame on this staff. Most of all, shame on Kramer for not taking responsibility but pushing it on other staffs. The fact he called out other staffs is completely disrespectful and now he has lost any recruiting advantage with those schools. Good luck recruiting ACCAC players!

It has been a tough season but keep your composure. You and your staff have let this team down multiple times this year. Now, I am not one to call for a coach's livelihood. Give this staff another year and reassess
then.

Kramer is under contract for the next two years. He came to ISU to rebuild the program. I think we need to give him the time over the next two years to see what he can do to have another winning season like he did in 2014. He knows what he needs to do regarding recruiting of players as he has been a head coach for along time. We may throw out our own personal suggestions as we are fans and/or alumni but it is Kramer football program. He will coach, decide what players will start, decide what players he will recruit, and etc. we as posters just like to discuss Bengal football.

up for the challenge said:
BengalRube said:

It has been a tough season but keep your composure. You and your staff have let this team down multiple times this year. Now, I am not one to call for a coach's livelihood. Give this staff another year and reassess
then.

Kramer is under contract for the next two years. He came to ISU to rebuild the program. I think we need to give him the time over the next two years to see what he can do to have another winning season like he did in 2014. He knows what he needs to do regarding recruiting of players as he has been a head coach for along time. We may throw out our own personal suggestions as we are fans and/or alumni but it is Kramer football program. He will coach, decide what players will start, decide what players he will recruit, and etc. we as posters just like to discuss Bengal football.

Up I think we all spend a lot of time saying what should happen with this program and that program. I live in two worlds. Being a LSU alumni I don't like Les Miles I love him to death and he's being killed in the press and on campus for losing two games and in the end he's still going to win 10. here at ISU sometimes I think we are not demanding enough do I think we have to go over broad?? yea maybe excellence something's requires you to be a little nuts and unreasonable. now some might reply were not LSU maybe not in size and money but you can he heart and desire if you feel like a giant then you are a giant!!!!!

Eric hollowell said:
up for the challenge said:
BengalRube said:

then.

Up I think we all spend a lot of time saying what should happen with this program and that program. I live in two worlds. Being a LSU alumni I don't like Les Miles I love him to death and he's being killed in the press and on campus for losing two games and in the end he's still going to win 10. here at ISU sometimes I think we are not demanding enough do I think we have to go over broad?? yea maybe excellence something's requires you to be a little nuts and unreasonable. now some might reply were not LSU maybe not in size and money but you can he heart and desire if you feel like a giant then you are a giant!!!!!

Agreed. Let's see what Kramer can do the next two seasons. He is committed to his contract and will do what is necessary to get back to having a winning season.

i can't think of why anyone would think there is only 1 coach that can win in any place. I'm pretty sure that there is somebody out there ready willing and able to give ISU football a whirl. If 2014 is possible, then that should be Kramers standard if he is sticking around for 2 more years. If not next coach up.
If Tingy is as good as everybody seems to think he is then he should already have a list building for candidates. He would be crazy not to.

Latest posts

Back