• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Western State Under-Over or Over-Under

notabengalalum

Not the score on the field, but how many times the Bengals PA announcer refers to Western State as “Western States” - like the CAT heavy equipment dealer. Neal Larson back?

I guess the fact there are zero posts on the game indicates the level of interest in an Idaho Stste-Western States “tussle.” I’m out of the country, would be interested in any first impressions of the 2018 Bengals. Thanks!

Brad,
My humble opinion is the O line needs some serious help. Don't know if by design or not but lots of new young pups playing in this game and it showed. Too many sacks from a D11 team. God help us against Cal and the rest of the year if this is all we got to go with :shock: :roll: :coffee: :o :(

81Champs said:
Brad,
My humble opinion is the O line needs some serious help. Don't know if by design or not but lots of new young pups playing in this game and it showed. Too many sacks from a D11 team. God help us against Cal and the rest of the year if this is all we got to go with :shock: :roll: :coffee: :o :(

What? Blame it on the OL. OL only gave up 1 sack for 5 yards. Get real..

sasquatch said:
You can tell who actually WATCHED a game vs. who didn't but is merely grabbing stats from a website.
[/quote

Sacks: Total - Yds. 1-5

It is the official team box stat from both schools so blame it on the official stat person if you disagree. You maybe confused about a sack. A tackle is not considered a sack if the QB picks up positive rushing yardage. UFTC

81Champs said:
Total of 3 sacks, and way too many QB hurries. Watch and pay attention fool :rofl:

Here you go fool. Final stats from ISU and Western State Colorado.

Sacks: Total - Yds. 1-5

That means 1 sack for a loss of 5 yards

Did you actually WATCH the game, Ron? What were your thoughts on the offensive line?

Since you seem to be getting all of your info from stats, could you explain why it shows Gueller with 6 yards loss, when it comes to rushing? Do you suppose that the defense was pressuring him, forcing him out of the pocket, and while running to escape, he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage? It wouldn't officially be considered a sack, but I think you're talking potato/potatoe.

What are your thoughts concerning the line, stats and name calling excluded?

sasquatch said:
Did you actually WATCH the game, Ron? What were your thoughts on the offensive line?

Since you seem to be getting all of your info from stats, could you explain why it shows Gueller with 6 yards loss, when it comes to rushing? Do you suppose that the defense was pressuring him, forcing him out of the pocket, and while running to escape, he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage? It wouldn't officially be considered a sack, but I think you're talking potato/potatoe.

Huh? If a guy scrambles and gets tackled behind the line, it is a sack.

According to the play-by-play, Gueller had a rush for minus-1 on the second drive of the game. Assuming it wasn't an error by the official scorer, that means it was a designed run.

mvem said:
sasquatch said:

Huh? If a guy scrambles and gets tackled behind the line, it is a sack.

According to the play-by-play, Gueller had a rush for minus-1 on the second drive of the game. Assuming it wasn't an error by the official scorer, that means it was a designed run.

The OL only gave up 1 sack in 31 passing attempts. I can see right now that some posters are going to blame the OL all season long if our QB's are sacked. Maybe our QB's need to throw the ball away if pressured instead of taking a sack.

Latest posts

Back