• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

What gives?

isusuperfan

God you guys are deader than I have been the past few weeks. No wonder why I post more at Egriz these days.

:) shah seriously, awaken sleeping posters of the BengalCrypt! Otherwise I'll become a permanent resident over at Egriz!

Rocket Rossy,

Are you serious? Please permanantly join the griz, you curly headed ....

At least that would be consistent with your facebook picture with the No Colo VBall team!!

Perhaps there will be something to discuss when it is finally released who has been hired as OC, OL, when we can see who signed in Feb.... Till then fly on with your little pixie wings, Benedict.

A joke? Yeah sorry superjoker, you're right. Its a hard time for jokes right now. I mean 5 wins in three years, a rotating scapegoat door at OC, a terrible defense, no substantial changes to the defensive staff. And to top it off, Z got an extension as an early christmas present. So two more years of winter is what it looks like. I guess I'm just not seeing the jokes very well.

Hahaha you're funny :) Seriously bro, lighten up. I have and it works wonders. I read books :) I smoke my lovely Irish tobacco pipe. I enjoy watching highlights on YouTube. I immerse myself in the study of ancient cultures and Vikings and medieval wars. I like eating Doritos.

You'd think I'd have cracked after the Buckeyes, with super high expectations every year, crash in burn in a bowl game in humiliating fashion (save for the Fiesta Bowl last year). But no, I maintain a humorous outlook and support no matter what. Oh sure, I vent and am cranky for weeks when people bring it up in front of me. And I'm always critical (to a point, that is). But I get over it.

5 wins in 3 years? Pshah! It could be far worse. We could be Kansas State before Bill Snyder. Remember how horrid they were for the better part of half a century (2-48 against Oklahoma...sit on that and think about it)

All in all, it's only as bad as you want it to be. Now losing the BigSky Championship game this year in soccer was painful. I was stunned, shocked and was pretty silent for most the day after that game. I felt horrible. But after a day or two, I remembered, "hey, this is a young team! Only 3 seniors and a few juniors. The rest are underclassmen!" I started thinking about the future of the team. And that made everything better. This soccer squad will bring ISU great glory in the next few years if not this coming season.

Football is undergoing a lot of bad stuff right now. But always keep in mind that hey, at least we still have a program to bitch and moan about while denying any connection to said team. We'll gripe about it and won't even make the games fun (because drinking and eating burgers and brats is so uncool and unseemly). We could be Hofstra or Northeastern.

So lighten up, grab a beer, some brats and think positive. You are entitled to venting. I encourage it. I do it often. But at least keep things in perspective and not be depressed about it.

Now back to my book :)

Latest posts

Back