• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

what kind of game was that?

Bengal Roar

The BB team is going to hear it just like the FB team. 7 of us drove up there. We left work early-spent money on fuel- spent money on food before the game and spent money on tickets AND YOU GUYS GIVE US THAT KIND OF SHOWING? That was just plain dissapointing. I was trying to talk the team up to people and say we got 7 seniors blah blah blah and i watched a confused-lazy team that i was not proud of.

One guy would drive and 4 others were hanging back. I am almost speechless right now on how we played.

Why is it that the other teams pass the ball around really well and knows where their team mates are at any given time and we can't?

Obrien should have just said go out there and play how you want. Maybe he could have got something out of them? There was no team chemistry,none. What a waste of my Tuesday night! C'mon guys get it together.

Bengal Roar said:
The BB team is going to hear it just like the FB team. 7 of us drove up there. We left work early-spent money on fuel- spent money on food before the game and spent money on tickets AND YOU GUYS GIVE US THAT KIND OF SHOWING? That was just plain dissapointing. I was trying to talk the team up to people and say we got 7 seniors blah blah blah and i watched a confused-lazy team that i was not proud of.

One guy would drive and 4 others were hanging back. I am almost speechless right now on how we played.

Why is it that the other teams pass the ball around really well and knows where their team mates are at any given time and we can't?

Obrien should have just said go out there and play how you want. Maybe he could have got something out of them? There was no team chemistry,none. What a waste of my Tuesday night! C'mon guys get it together.

Roar - you ought to send coach o'brien an invoice of the money you spent on your road trip to watch ISU @ USU and demand a refund. If Oregon football coach Chip Kelly paid up, do you think Coach OB would do the same?

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/09/21/chip-kelly-is-a-man-of-his-word-seriously/

I didn't watch nor listen to the game, but after reviewing the box score, the previous threads, and the ISJ articles, my expectations of this team has definitely tempered based on the recent performances against D-1 teams. While I do NOT expect ISU to win these road games, I do expect ISU to compete and to not get blown out of the gym. It is still early and what really matters is what happens in BSC play....however, the lack of an inside presence on both ends of the floor, the lack of a consistent perimeter threat, and the disappearance of key contributors must be corrected if this team is going to challenge for a BSC championship.

i'm curious why you get worked up over this kind of performance....? with few exceptions.. mens basketball (and football for that matter) have not been competitive in the big sky for the better part of 30 years? why would you expect anything else?

not really trying to start a fuss here - but seriously, the bengals are routinely lower tier performers... hoping for them to be better/different is one thing - but getting all worked up over the same old bengal performance doesn't make sense - jmho

I just about went to the game, so glad I didn’t. This is going to be a long season. OB says we need good possessions on every time down. I think we need more possessions with the way we shoot the ball. Pick up the pace. Utah State went away from what they normally do, Stu changed it up on us last night. Instead of slow pace he went up-tempo on us. We could go small and just run the fu@#$% ball. Get as many possessions as we can in a game. We need it. You know when Oliver was here the recruits he brought in were at least fun to watch. They played no D, but they shot the shi@ out of the ball

Hey before you go and do any stupid things like sending the coach an invoice, think about it first. When YOU travel to ANOTHER school, and YOU buy a ticket to said game, YOU are taking on an inherent risk that your team may win or lose, in a good or horrible way. Don't even think about doing anything so stupid and classless.

I'm a Buckeye fan through and through and you don't see me sending an invoice to Jim Tressel for getting destroyed on national TV 6 times, nor do you see me sending angry notes demanding refunds to Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans franchise for going from a team with Super Bowl aspirations to a team that will probably not make the playoffs.

I will admit that that loss was inexcusable and we have every right to be very pissed off about it. So vent and scream away to your heart's content.

Superfan:

I'm a Buckeye fan through and through and you don't see me sending an invoice to Jim Tressel for getting destroyed on national TV 6 times, nor do you see me sending angry notes demanding refunds to Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans franchise for going from a team with Super Bowl aspirations to a team that will probably not make the playoffs.

I don't see you taking time off from work to drive to a Buckeye game.

If a fans expectations are not met, then some one should pay. Especially if the team does not performed as advertised. But then with an ISU team you can not expect to much. I will wait and see if the team does improve.

As was said before-buying a ticket is taking on the inherent risk that your team may or may not win the game. Supporting a team with any expectations has the risk that said expectations will not be met. YOU'RE the ones driving to away games by YOUR own choice.

If I spent hundreds of dollars to fly out to Columbus--got a hotel for the weekend--plus getting a game ticket (which are expensive as hell nowadays)--and watch Ohio State lose a home game--I wouldn't think I wasted money. Not at all. If I were at the Fiesta Bowl last year, and watched Ohio State play a fantastic game only to lose to that goddamn Golden Boy Colt McCoy in the final seconds (which we did), I would cry (and I did cry when I saw it on TV) I would not regret spending a few hundred out of my own pocket to go watch Buckeye football.

Latest posts

Back