• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Where did it all go wrong?

Bengal_believer

As a fan.... Who want to be there for ISU.... I need a break from this emotionally abusive relationship.

At what point do we say tough season fellas, or can we even say that since we are back to par for an ISU squad?

What's at the heart of the problem?

Bengal_believer said:
As a fan.... Who want to be there for ISU.... I need a break from this emotionally abusive relationship.

At what point do we say tough season fellas, or can we even say that since we are back to par for an ISU squad?

Bailey?

biobengal said:
Bengal_believer said:

Bailey?
Getting kids to ISU. Any kid would take almost any school over ISU. Plus, Kramer is a blow had bomb thrower..

Bailey hurt, injuries hurt, youth depth hurt, schedules hurt...

Right now I am butt hurt.

I still believe in the direction of this program and Kramer as the head man. If they win over the next few years Kramer will continue to be here. If he doesn't then ISU will make a change.

That is the way it works.

bhumble said:
biobengal said:
Bengal_believer said:

Bailey?
Getting kids to ISU. Any kid would take almost any school over ISU. Plus, Kramer is a blow had bomb thrower..
It's NOT getting kids to ISU... We have Madison Mangum top receiver, we have Xavier Finney, top running back, we have Mario Jenkins, we had Justin Arias, we have Tyson Manu, we have Tyler Kuder, we have many more I'm just not spelling out the obvious anymore. We got all these kids and more to come to ISU when we were recruiting off of 1-11 and 2-10 seasons. Kramer has the ability to recruit. He is an infectious guy. Anyone who says otherwise.... I'll bet you have never spoken to him face to face. I'm not even saying I love him, just that as he sits with theses families, he's likeable. They kids and parents like him in the recruiting process.

bengalcub said:
Bailey hurt, injuries hurt, youth depth hurt, schedules hurt...

Right now I am butt hurt.

I still believe in the direction of this program and Kramer as the head man. If they win over the next few years Kramer will continue to be here. If he doesn't then ISU will make a change.

That is the way it works.

You will not get better than Kramer. It's about getting horses to ISU and that hasn't happen in 30 years.

BengalBannMan said:
bhumble said:
biobengal said:
Bengal_believer said:

Bailey?
It's NOT getting kids to ISU... We have Madison Mangum top receiver, we have Xavier Finney, top running back, we have Mario Jenkins, we had Justin Arias, we have Tyson Manu, we have Tyler Kuder, we have many more I'm just not spelling out the obvious anymore. We got all these kids and more to come to ISU when we were recruiting off of 1-11 and 2-10 seasons. Kramer has the ability to recruit. He is an infectious guy. Anyone who says otherwise.... I'll bet you have never spoken to him face to face. I'm not even saying I love him, just that as he sits with theses families, he's likeable. They kids and parents like him in the recruiting process.

But he hasn't produced. It's not Kramer, look at history. It is near impossible to win at ISU. You simply can not out recruit the premier schools in the league. It won't change.

You can change a losing culture at a university, it just takes a little time. For example, I don't know how many people here remember how terrible the Kansas State and Oregon State football programs were in the 70's and 80's. And there were two things that brought an end to the losing -- both schools hired a real good football coach and millions were spent on stadium renovations. Reser Stadium at OSU was renamed back in 1999, and although the Beavers aren't one of the premier teams in the Pac-12 and it is still difficult to recruit to Corvallis relative to other places, Mike Riley has had several winning seasons there before moving on to Nebraska. And Kansas State has had a well respected FB program under Bill Snyder for over 20 years now.

I feel that if we were to somehow find the money to renovate the dome then that would certainly help in recruiting. Even if we were to find about $10 million or so for now to rebuild the roof, get a new HVAC system, new seating, etc. then this would help quite a bit. We do have a great coach in Kramer and I still believe in him.

Before the Univ. of Colorado hired Bill McCartney they had many years of losing seasons. And it took McCartney six years before the Buffs finally started to turn things around, and they eventually went on to win a national championship. Although now they aren't very good and since McCartney left they haven't had any coaches there who have come close to having the success that he did.

I just can't believe how poorly our defense played tonight. Sac State had a fourth-string true freshman start and he completely shredded our defense. Sure, the injuries to Manu and Jenkins hurt us but we've still got to find a way to get some better talent there.

Maybe at the end of the year Norm Chow's staff will get fired at Hawaii and we can find a way to get Don Bailey back at offensive coordinator -- even if all we can pay him is $78,000 a year. Kramer has said that he'd like for ISU to have the highest paid coaching staff in the league. That would be nice but it's another thing trying to find the money for this kind of thing.

Boisebengal,

I'm very familiar with what you're talking about regarding Kansas State and Oregon State. They were positively horrific before the 1990's. I'll toss another school in there: Miami. The "Team of the 80's" was very close to being dropped to 1-AA or even eliminated before Howard Schnellenberger came along. Even Schnellenberger had a few potholes in the road to making Miami a powerhouse--they lost their first game of the 1983-84 season 28-3 to Florida. Jimmy Johnson's first season was awful but bounced back to compete for national titles every season.

I don't think it went "all wrong", I just think it's part of the growing pains of bringing a program like ISU out of its dark ages. Yes, this season has been a trip of sorts and it hasn't been pretty. Its part of being an ISU Bengal fan: patience and understanding are required attributes for anyone involved with ISU Football and for any sport here, for that matter. We'll get to where we need to be. Just hang in there :D

bhumble said:
BengalBannMan said:
bhumble said:
biobengal said:
Bengal_believer said:

Bailey?

But he hasn't produced. It's not Kramer, look at history. It is near impossible to win at ISU. You simply can not out recruit the premier schools in the league. It won't change.

It is all about recruiting and signing of players! If coaches cannot have a winning program with their scholarship players than they are normally replaced at the D1 level.

The talent is there on this team but fundamentally we are horrible. I can't count how many missed tackles I saw tonight because of either arm tackling or over pursuit. Make those plays and it's a different ball game, if those plays are made they don't convert some of those long third downs. On offense when Don Bailey left we lost so much and replacing him with a rookie offensive coordinator was a mistake. Our offensive line is no where near the unit they were last year they physically imposed themselves on the defenses. They are no where near as nasty and mean as last year. The motivation and drive just is not there on this team I see no leaders on either side of the ball. This team has completely fallen down and now it is time for them to learn how to pick themselves back up. We have the talent but in all honesty right now I see a team that had givin up and just accepted this season as being lost.

If it's team leaders what happened to our amazing receives, running back, aren't the injured players still part of the team?

Who can get the message to the media to give Don Bailey a call and ask him a few questions about what happened and is happening here?

Kramer is a good recruiter but three really good players on the team fell into his lap. Kuder showed up one day and was not recruited by ISU. Mangum showed up from a former player on the team talking him into coming and the same goes for terrence carey. So yes he is a good recruiter but he got lucky with three really good players.

Latest posts

Back