• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Where do we go from here?

bigskyconf

I guess after a 3-win season, the only place to go is up. The unfortunate defection of Kennedy, followed by Jimenez and Hansen leaving as well put the team in literally a no-win situation. Hopefully, this is the bottom as it can't get any worse than this.

Sorry, but I’m going to my “think out loud” format.

Oregon and Oregon State had two of the signature programs in the NCAA the last several years. When Lexi Bando graduated, UO lacked Oregonians. Oregon State has one on this season’s roster. And UP fans are upset by how their season ended (they would have been in the tourney in 2020 if it wasn’t cancelled)… more Oregonians, but heavily recruiting Australia.

But how many kids in any city want to stay home? Especially when Oregon prospects tend to punch a little bit above their weight?

And Portland… heck, there’s a group publicly trying to bring the WNBA back here.And I know there’s been momentum to that end for several years, and there are some fan bases that would go for it. Much support from Thorns fans, for instance. Is there a way to tap into any of that? Or does that present further problems?

What the locals want is to see PSU invest in the program. Wouldn’t that be nice? [exasperated sigh]

Though, if you want to at least differentiate yourself from UP in town, some outreach to local communities IN Portland would be a start. That’s not even a focus on recruiting, it’s for fans, and I’d at least think there’s some money in that.

All this is subject to change.

Latest posts

Back