• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Why so many RB's

Up:

Can't say since I haven't seen a full roster yet but keep in mind a lot of these guys are moved to other positions over time.

PBP

Dean, at 5-6, 155, is primarily a kick returner who could play some slot receiver. Bell is also listed as a slot receiver. Farnsworth is a walk-on, and Trujillo is moving to linebacker. That leaves Grimes, at 5-11, 210, and McFarlin at 5-11,190, more suited for the one-back role. Wouldn't be surprised if one or both redshirt, or if one plays this year if ISU loses a back from the current roster to attrition.

I count a total of 8 RB's going into the 2016 season. I assume they are full scholarship players other than Fansworth but please correct me if I am wrong.

Jakori Ford (senior), Braenden Mitchell (redshirt senior), Ty Flanagan (sophomore), Lonell Woodhouse (redshirt sophomore), Michael Dean (freshmen), Mason Farnsworth (freshmen), Andrew Grimes (freshmen), and Nehemiah McFarlin (freshmen).

Interesting, that we are recruiting more running backs than quarterbacks since we are considered a passing team first and running team second. The RB's must be filling the roles of special team players as they are normally fast.

Skippy said:
Dean, at 5-6, 155, is primarily a kick returner who could play some slot receiver. Bell is also listed as a slot receiver. Farnsworth is a walk-on, and Trujillo is moving to linebacker. That leaves Grimes, at 5-11, 210, and McFarlin at 5-11,190, more suited for the one-back role. Wouldn't be surprised if one or both redshirt, or if one plays this year if ISU loses a back from the current roster to attrition.

I think Alameda Middle School will notice Dean is missing.

Otis - Michael Dean is a small RB but is very talented. I look for him to play a lot as a true freshmen if Kramer does not red shirt him. Why? very quick on his feet and very fast. Defenses cannot see him and cannot catch him once he has a step on them. Runs a 4.42 forty. He maybe the answer to kickoff returns and punt returns if Kramer allows him to take off like a top fuel dragster as he has a nose for the end zone. I call him "NITRO" as his fuel is awesome off the starting line into the finish line within seconds. I believe he will compete right away at RB if Kramer gives him the opportunity to run the ball. Check out his videos - amazing.

Sarcasm. I've seen plenty of pygmy types do well, and don't doubt his potential. His ability to be' overlooked' is not to be' underestimated.'

Can anyone tell me why we have one QB that has a little bit of playing experience and have one RB that has a little bit of playing experience after 5 years of recruiting? I do not want to hear about injuries or players leaving the program as the 2016 recruiting season was a fresh start to go out and get players with experience that would contribute right away. What areas are considered improvements for the 2016 season?

spartan said:
because of injuries and people

Injuries can happen every season to all teams Spartan as you know. Look what happened to us last season due to injuries. Our season was over and Kramer knew that at the very beginning of the season as he said it to the media several times that the injuries impacted the season. We need experienced players in backup roles to step in when injuries occur. As of today, our backup RB's and QB's have no experience at the college level. I am glad to hear Kramer say that he does not plan to red shirt any incoming freshmen in 2016. Let them play to show case their talents in games and gain the playing experience necessary to replace injured starters.

Latest posts

Back