• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Will we pass more times or run the ball more times against OSU

I believe we need to establish our running game before the Sacramento State game as we passed more times in the first two games than we did running the ball. If we do not establish a running game against OSU than I am not sure we will be able to establish a running game during the season. The game against OSU is a warm up game to start our season against Sacramento State. Put our OL and our running backs to work against OSU to see what they can do Kramer. You talked about a running game during Fall Ball to the media so let's see it. If not, back to a passing game this season and hope for the best.

up for the challenge said:
The game against OSU is a warm up game to start our season against Sacramento State.
You do realize they ate a Pac-12 team, right? If we struggle to get a run game going against a FBS team, that certainly doesn't mean we won't be able to run ALL year in conference games.

BengalBannMan said:
The game against OSU is a warm up game to start our season against Sacramento State.
You do realize they ate a Pac-12 team, right? If we struggle to get a run game going against a FBS team, that certainly doesn't mean we won't be able to run ALL year in conference games.

I am just saying that the OSU game is an opportunity to work on our running game going into the Sacramento State game. We did not run the ball much against Colorado as we passed most of the time. The passing game did not work out so good. Why not play all of our RB's equal plays and see how they perform and give our OL the confidence that they can run block? We do not want to hurt Gueller and our receivers confidence in this game like the Colorado game. We need them feeling good going into the Sacramento State game.

Well, we did it again. We passed the ball 2 out of 3 plays.

23 carries - 136 yards in rushing - 5.9 average per carry - no fumbles - one TD
28/48 passing - 227 yards passing - 4.7 average per pass - 4 interceptions - No TD

Gueller makes some good passes in games but he tends to be fumble happy and throws a lot of interceptions in games. It is obvious to me that our RB's or rushing game is doing better than our passing game when given the opportunity. Did you see our OL running down field throwing blocks and celebrating with Jakori Ford on his 75 yard run? That is how you do it.

seriously???
you cherry pick 1 play in a 37-7 blowout and claim 'that's how you do it'?

seriously???

wow :clap:

Last season, Kramer said if his QB throws 3 interceptions he would be pulled from the game. I guess Kramer changed his mind this season as Gueller threw 4 interceptions and stayed in the game. What is up with that?

Last season, Kramer said if his QB throws 3 interceptions he would be pulled from the game. I guess Kramer changed his mind this season as Gueller threw 4 interceptions and stayed in the game

One of them was a deflected pass and one I was told by a player wasn't totally his fault. The player told me he thought the intended receiver ran the wrong route.

Just FYI.

Besides Gueller is the most experienced QB they have right now. He needs work, especially in a game ISU wasn't going to win. In that situation to my way of thinking anyway, it doesn't matter if he throws 10 picks...you learn something from it.

At least two starting lineman are rumored to return next week (we'll see...) if so I expect them to at least try to run more against a team on their level.

PBP

If I may chime in... I would guess Kramer is being more lenient being that it was against a Pac 12 team. Also one interception was a tip ball that wasn't a bad throw or decision on Tanners part.

I do not see us running the ball much once the season starts. Kramer likes passing the ball. We passed the ball 2 out every 3 downs the last two games and could not score on pass plays. The only time we have really run the ball was against Simon Frazier in the 4th Qtr to run out the clock. A waste of good RB talent in the first 3 games. I think Jakori showed yesterday why he should get the ball in his hands. Wake up Kramer..

spartan said:
just so you know - we are currently 1 and 2
this is the season

I get what you are saying but I think the fan (and Mike Kramer himself has said) the "real" season starts Saturday with the conference opener. ISU will be playing teams under the same guidelines, scholarships and restrictions.

We'll see what happens.

PBP

Latest posts

Back