• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Williams Out for Season...

PBP

Just received an e-mail that Rasheed Williams, who had a very good year last season and was expected to be the top pass rusher for the Bengals this year is out for the season due to injury. He will redshirt.
No additional information was given.

Appeared in all 11 games on the defensive line ... had 52 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and seven quarterback hurries ... had a season-high 11 tackles vs. Montana ... had two tackles for loss at Boise State and vs. Montana ... had four quarterback hurries vs. Eastern Washington.

Like last year, a top guy goes down before the first snap of the first real game.

They just can't seem to catch a break injury wise can they?

PBP

Unfortunately it's a contact sport even in practice and injuries happen.

Jenkins last year blew his ACL and wasn't even touched, he just twisted wrong.

Just bad luck.

PBP

PBP said:

Just bad luck.

PBP
Yep happens to everybody. Northwestern just lost their best returning DB for the season to a non-contact leg injury. It's why you have to have two things typically to have a good season: depth and luck.

Skippy said:
PBP said:

Just bad luck.

PBP
Yep happens to everybody. Northwestern just lost their best returning DB for the season to a non-contact leg injury. It's why you have to have two things typically to have a good season: depth and luck.

You are so right. I hope we have those. Every team will be losing players. I hope we have the depth this year, and I think we do. There were some nice sized freshmen coming onto the team. And I would imagine they are good.

Looks like a broken ankle a couple days a ago. Best of luck to him with a speedy recovery. Huge loss with Rasheed out.

The updates and news has been few and far between this season. I want to know what's going on with the team on the regular. Let's kick this stuff up a notch!!

Tacoma5 said:
Looks like a broken ankle a couple days a ago. Best of luck to him with a speedy recovery. Huge loss with Rasheed out.

The updates and news has been few and far between this season. I want to know what's going on with the team on the regular. Let's kick this stuff up a notch!!

I agree. I am shocked by how silent this forum is. to me it's odd....like there is little interest in this program, as if it's already a failure. There seems to be very little excitement here. I belong to a different forum for a different sport at a different University, and there are like 3,000 viewers per day and maybe 100 posts... Where is that kind of spirit evident at ISU. Come ON fans. Come on to you who say you support this program. Let's here from you.

Maybe it is not mandatory but I always heard taping and/or ankle braces or both are required for practices and games at the college level to help prevent ankle injuries. I am sure Rasheed had taped ankles or wearing ankle braces or both so it goes to show that equipment alone will not always prevent injuries from occurring. He will be back next season.

Tacoma5 said:

From the Journal standpoint they have just hired a new guy from the Philadelphia-area who is just getting started and probably doesn't know a lot about the area and teams yet. Another factor could be that there are only five open practices this fall camp. Not saying that Mike is right or wrong with this approach, it's the way it is. That limits what can be observed and reported on. Madison at the Journal had a story along these lines last week if I remember correctly.

PBP

Reborn2010 I agree. I am shocked by how silent this forum is. to me it's odd....like there is little interest in this program said:
Far be it from me to judge anybody but given the state of the program, by Mike's own admission over the past 40 years, (and the numbers certainly bear him out) I suspect a lot of area fans are taking a "wait and see" approach especially considering the gauntlet of a schedule ISU faces.

I've been in Pocatello since January 1993 and the sports fans here are very passionate and knowledgeable, but you have to show them something first (i.e. win games). There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. In 2014 after ISU got off to a good start, fans started to believe and turned out in big numbers at Holt Arena.

If the Bengals can start off well or at least respectable in the early part of the season, fan interest will jump accordingly at the gate and on this web site.

Just my opinion.

PBP

Reborn2010 said:
Tacoma5 said:

I agree. I am shocked by how silent this forum is. to me it's odd....like there is little interest in this program, as if it's already a failure. There seems to be very little excitement here. I belong to a different forum for a different sport at a different University, and there are like 3,000 viewers per day and maybe 100 posts... Where is that kind of spirit evident at ISU. Come ON fans. Come on to you who say you support this program. Let's here from you.

It is best to go to the games and enjoy the game with the students and die hard fans in Pocatello. The Tail Gate is fun outside Holt Arena. Good BBQ. Go get yourself a Bengals Hat and a Bengals T-Shirt at the ISU Book Store to represent at the games. If you are lucky, you have a chance to win a prize at halftime or get a T-shirt when the parachute drop from the ceiling at Holt Arena during half time.

up for the challenge said:
Reborn2010 said:
Tacoma5 said:

It is best to go to the games and enjoy the game with the students and die hard fans in Pocatello. The Tail Gate is fun outside Holt Arena. Good BBQ. Go get yourself a Bengals Hat and a Bengals T-Shirt at the ISU Book Store to represent at the games. If you are lucky, you have a chance to win a prize at halftime or get a T-shirt when the parachute drop from the ceiling at Holt Arena during half time.

It's hard to get to the games. I live about 10 hours away. My grandson plays there, so I'm very interested in the team. I think these forums can be fun if we can get a dozen or two people together, and especially some who go to the games and can tell those of us who live far away what the game was like.

Reborn:

Just so you know all Big Sky games are available to watch via Big Sky TV which you can get through the Big Sky web site. It's free by the way.

PBP

PBP said:
Reborn:

Just so you know all Big Sky games are available to watch via Big Sky TV which you can get through the Big Sky web site. It's free by the way.

PBP

Thanks for the info. I'll certainly sign up for it.

Reborn2010 said:
PBP said:
Reborn:

PBP

I went to the website for Big Sky Football but did not see a place to sign up. I'm never tried to view games this way before, so I apologize for my ignorance. Do I have to sign up? Do I view the games here on my computer screen? How do I get the game?

Reborn2010 said:
Reborn2010 said:
PBP said:
Reborn:

PBP

I went to the website for Big Sky Football but did not see a place to sign up. I'm never tried to view games this way before, so I apologize for my ignorance. Do I have to sign up? Do I view the games here on my computer screen? How do I get the game?
No need to sign up. Click the below link. Use the dropdowns to choose the sport and team you want to watch. It's live so once the game starts on game day press play. :)
http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

Latest posts

Back