• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women 6th in both polls

mguernsey_isj

ISU women voted 6th in both polls. I also just noticed when looking at the roster that Juliet Jones is nowhere to be found. She played about 8 minutes per game and hit the buzzer beater to beat Montana State in the conference tournament.

I was told two weeks ago that she decided to leave the program about the time "official" practices started and that she is looking at D-II schools.

I was surprised because I spoke with her during open gym and she seemed fine and ready to go as a #2 guard.

Apparently she decided that because of the other players on hand she wasn't going to see a lot of time and didn't want to waste another year.

I thought she would make a contribution but she has to do what she feels is best for her.

So for this season, barring something unexpected, they'll have 13 players, 12 on scholarship.

Seton I think now has four scholarships available for next year should he choose to use them all.

I liked J.J. and hope things work out for the best for her.

PBP

Some head scratchers here, and I'm not talking about Valley (sort of) getting preseason MVP…

Idaho #1/2? They graduated 5 seniors.

Weber #8? That seems a bit low.

Jessica Richardson's all-conference selection is also kinda surprising. I think she may've been the one elevated with Valley's removal, but Dyer or Sims or Deeshyra Thomas all seem like better choices.

mvem said:
Some head scratchers here, and I'm not talking about Valley (sort of) getting preseason MVP…

Idaho #1/2? They graduated 5 seniors.

Weber #8? That seems a bit low.

Jessica Richardson's all-conference selection is also kinda surprising. I think she may've been the one elevated with Valley's removal, but Dyer or Sims or Deeshyra Thomas all seem like better choices.

Idaho's probably a little high but they have Pierce and Ferenz back after excellent freshmen seasons at guard, McCorkle upfront and Reilly comes back off a redshirt year. Most importantly they have Jon Newlee, who is as good a coach as he is obnoxious. He's won four conference championships and has a lot of grudging respect around the league.

I voted for Richardson for all league after I found out Rader transferred. She had good numbers: 13 points, 8 rebounds, shot 44percent. Those were better overall numbers than Sims or Dyer, but you could certainly make a case for them. Thomas is a guard and a good one (15 points, 49 percent FG%), and I'd have no problem voting for her.

I think Weber may be too low at 8, but Okoye was so much the heart and soul of that team. And you have the opposite effect at coach -- I don't think a lot of folks have bought into Ord just yet.

Skippy said:
I think Weber may be too low at 8, but Okoye was so much the heart and soul of that team. And you have the opposite effect at coach -- I don't think a lot of folks have bought into Ord just yet.

Okoye didn't even play the second half of last season (aside from a brief appearance against Idaho in early March).

She was still a major part of that team when healthy and from what I was told stayed actively involved even though she was hurt. They also lost another player who graduated who was one of the best defenders around, sorry I don't remember her name right now.

PBP

mvem said:
Skippy said:

Okoye didn't even play the second half of last season (aside from a brief appearance against Idaho in early March).
Okoye was their leading scorer and rebounder in the 18 games she played. They also lost Brittney Dunbar, who had 109 steals last year. That Weber pressure defense was brutal at times.

Skippy said:
mvem said:
Skippy said:

Okoye was their leading scorer and rebounder in the 18 games she played.

Right, but they did seem to get used to not having her. They made their entire WBI run without her playing.

Weber's talent level is noticeably better than it was early in Ord's tenure, so they figure to be at least decent for a while. Ord ended up having to do a total rebuild thanks to the stagnation from the end of the Carla Taylor era combined with a lot of Taylor's recruits (e.g., her Montana pipeline) bolting.

This team is going to be in deep trouble without an outside shooter. JJ to me was the best 3pt shooter they have coming back. The new oversea's kids are just not ready to be honest with you. I wish ISU nothing but the best!!

shift2323 said:
This team is going to be in deep trouble without an outside shooter. JJ to me was the best 3pt shooter they have coming back. The new oversea's kids are just not ready to be honest with you. I wish ISU nothing but the best!!
We shall see. I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle early on but Seton has a real ability to develop his teams throughout the course of season. He usually banks on defense first and he's usually rewarded by the end of the season.

shift2323 said:

I agree JJ was a very good outside shooter but Seton feels they have a chance to be an even better shooting team this year. Last year they shot 41% for the year which is pretty good. And they have kids who can shoot from the outside, Brooke, Isa immediately come to mind. Grace isn't bad at it either, she hit some big ones when she played two years ago before missing last season.

We'll see.

Like Brad said the schedule both out of conference and in it is difficult. But also like he said you never underestimate Seton and the kids he brings in.

PBP

Latest posts

Back